Proof that miracles happen

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some Updates

I am working on making letters for the girl's rooms to go on their walls above their beds. This one is Bella's. I thought it turned out pretty cute. So these are going to be the colors used in Bella and the baby's room. I am getting ready to start on their quilts for their beds.
So in case everyone forgot, yes we are still working on our new addition. It is coming along slowly but that is because Matt is doing it all, plus he works full time on night shift. But we have made lots of progress since I last posted pics. This is actually the hallway. I took these yesterday, but as of today, there are closets all down this wall. Also at the end of the hall you can see the entrance to our safe room. Then of course there is the back door that leads to my GIANT back porch!!

In this picture, I am standing in Bella's room facing mine and Matt's room. We have a half wall between the rooms so we are separated but not totally separated. The part of the wall you see with the big rectangle is the only thing that separates our rooms. The big rectangle is actually where are big fish tank is going. It is built right into the wall, and you will be able to see it from both rooms. Pretty cool, huh?


This is Bella and Baby's room. This picture is their closet and the place that is going to be the window seat. Matt is building flip top lids on them so we can use them as extra storage. Our new room will also have a window seat. Eventually these will be the kids rooms (when Bella and the baby get older.) So for now, Abby and Maddy are actually going to get the Master bedroom.
I can't wait until we are done!!!! I am ready to start decorating
On another note, we took Bella to cardiology on Friday. They did an echo. Everything looks great. We are now just about one year post op from open heart #2 and nothing has changed (which is good). Her homograft is leaking very minimally (they all leak some). And her aortic valve is not leaking anymore than it ever has. Her cardiologist was quite happy with everything. He said she is starting to wean herself off of her meds (she gets bigger but her doses do not) She is up to 22 1/2 pounds now. We go to KC on Wednesday for her vent clinic.
I have now hit the half way mark in my pregnancy. We are no closer to picking out a name. I am still not totally convinced this is a little girl. I just felt so sure it was a boy. So I guess we won't know for another 20 weeks or so. I have not gotten any results back on the sono from the radiologist yet. I am assuming all is okay. I don't think the tech saw anything out of the ordinary. She did Bella's first echo, so I know how she acts when she sees something that is not quite right.
The kids go back to school tomorrow and let me say I am VERY happy about this. It has been over two weeks since I have had any "me" time. I am looking forward to getting my three hours a day back!!





11 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Looks like you guys are doing well with the addition. I love the idea you have with your room and Bella and the baby's room. Very cute.

Love the "B" too. Man I wish I was crafty!!!

Glad things are going well for you guys.

adrianna york said...

I am glad that things are going well for you guys I like the B too. I can't wait to see the addition when it is finished. I wish you all the best and I can't wait to see you soon. From Kim and Adrianna

Caden said...

WOW!!! The house looks great! It looks like it's really coming along! How cool to have a fish tank built into the wall. That reminds me of the movie Deuce Bigelow... or whatever it's called. lol Just don't blendup your fish! :)

I love the B! That makes me want to attempt something cool like that, but mine would look ridiculous, so I'll leave that to you. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Wow, the house is coming along quite nicely! I am so happy for you guys!

The letter looks fabulous! Such a great idea for your girls.

The Bryant Family said...

The colors are great for the girls bedroom. bright , cheery colors. It looks as though you are making progress on the house. I am sure you are very anxious to get it done.

Rachel Dominguez said...

It's moving right along. Looks like its going to be so nice. Man I bet you'll be happy to have more room.

Cant wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

We will be there on the 17th and 18th. I'll have to bring Dan along to help Matt. Also, as of today, the date for the auction has been changed to the 24th.
What do you think about Ellie for a girls name?
love you guys!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

OOh, or Scarlet Love that name!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I WILL PUT MY TWO CENTS WORTH IN ---HOW ABOUT LILLIANA FAITH./ NOT SURE IF I SPELLED THAT RIGHT.I STILL LIKE LYDIA ROSE TOO.;)HER GREAT GREAT GRANDMAS NAME.JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. IM GETTING MORE EXCITED ALL THE TIME. KISSES. love g-ma

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your second baby, and on totally renovating the room yourselves!

Love to seek the pics once it is all done

Tammy and Parker said...

This is our first time to your blog. Parker is also trached and vented at night.

He also has plumonary hypertension. So scarey.

Your beautiful daughter is doing so well.

You are very blessed.