Proof that miracles happen

Friday, August 1, 2008

County Fair






We took Abby and Maddy to the Labette County Fair today (which is literally three blocks from our house). We walked around and saw all of the animals. The girls loved the pigs and horses. Then we bought 4 corn dogs and 2 drinks for a grand total of $19.00!!!! Yikes, Fair food is expensive.
On another note, a year ago today is when Isabella coded in the PICU. They did chest compressions and she snapped right out of it. It is hard to believe a year has passed since then. I thank God everyday for how far she has come. Physical therapy thinks there is a good chance she will be sitting independently in the next 3 or 4 months. I have noticed over the last few weeks that her vision seems to be improving more and more. She just acts like she can really see a lot better. I don't know how to explain it, I can just tell she is seeing something.

8 comments:

Caden said...

She looks awesome in those pics. It almost seems like she is more aware. Is that maye what you are seeing? She has a sparkle in her eye!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

Ashlea

Anonymous said...

That last picture... she seems very thoughtful. Like she is thinking of something amusing and interesting and she is just about to tell us what it is.

When I saw this one, I wanted to drive over there and KISS her.

-Aunt Stephanie

BeckyRN said...

She is so big, I just can't get over it! And she looks great in her pics, she looks like she is interacting a lot more. I really need to see you guys, hopefully soon. Miss you, give her kisses for me.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Fair food is expensive but check out the size of those corn dogs, they are bigger than the girls:)

Looks like Bella's hair is getting even longer, Gabi must of passed her hair growth onto her.

It is so amazing how quickly time has passed. I remember the day she coded and it was horrible. Miracles do happen and Bella gives us so much strength to go on. She is a figther out to prove she will continue to accomplish great things!

We love you! I better see you on the 13th...miss you already!

adrianna york said...

I am so glad that they enjoy the fair I wish you all the best of luck and you all are in my thoughts and paryers.
Love you from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Angela said...

Great fair pictures! We missed the fair this year. :(

By the way, I LOVE Kutless and Rebirthing is my favorite of their songs.

Love to you all,
Angela

Pam said...

Gosh Bella is looking so great!!

Whenever I need a pick me up I come here, and always get it.

That little girl is amazing.

((HUGS!!))

The Bryant Family said...

TAG YOUR IT!! Youve been tagged for a MEME. Check out my blog for details.
Everyone looks great. :)