Proof that miracles happen

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Birthday Parties, Garage Sales, Circus Fun and then a Car Wreck to Top the Week Off!!

This is Bella and Nurse Becky on Monday at Children's Mercy. As you can see, Becky is very excited to see Bella!!
Micah getting to hold Bella for the first time. Micah has known Bella for just about one year now, but has never gotten to hold her.
Mimi Best came over to hand out birthday gifts and she got a chance to hold little Miss Bella Boo. Bella was off the vent at the this time. She is staying off for about 20-30 minutes two times a day.
My baby girl is three. I can't believe Maddy turned three on Thursday. She is getting so big. We took her and Abby to the circus that night. It was awful!! The kids liked it but Matt and I thought it was a bit of a joke.
Hayden giving Bella smooches. Hayden turned one, and we went to celebrate her birthday Friday night. She loves Bella!! Bella showed off for everyone and just talked and talked. She is started to make sounds of oooh, aaah and la la la.

So Saturday we had our garage sale. We did okay considering I marked everything REALLY cheap. We made $147.00 for Miracles Happen. Better than nothing.
Then this morning, my sister called me and she was crying. She and her new husband had been in a wreck after coming home from breakfast. My sister was driving and she came up on a really blocked intersection and they got T-boned by another car. The other car did a few flips but everyone was okay. Both vehicles were totalled. They took my sis by ambulance but her husband refused to go by ambulance. My parents and I met them in the ER. They are both okay just really banged up. Erin can't see because she lost her glasses in the wreck. She also lost her set of keys. Who knows what happened to all of that. Her husband had a dislocated shoulder. The sheriff deputy said they were really lucky!! So they are home resting. I don't know when Erin will be able to come back to work. So until then, it is just Bella and I. We will probably have to reschedule her therapy session this week because I can't take her by myself. I am just so thankful that they are okay!!!! LOVE YOU SIS, GET BETTER SOON!!!

We are finally going to pour concrete tomorrow!! And that is about it in our lives. Nothing too exciting, right? :)

6 comments:

The Diva said...

Wow, I can't believe that about your sister. I hope everything heals up quickly and she can get new glasses and all that. Have fun pouring concrete! We bought all the stuff to finish the basement and our bathroom this weekend. Ugh. I don't even want to think about it... :)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad to hear that they are ok.

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. Is your therapy appt. here...if it is you could always call me and I could help you unload her, go to the appt and then re-load everything. Let me know. I know that you will need somebody to help at home, and driving all by yourself may be a little scary...I know all to well that feeling. If you are like me once you start doing it, you will wonder what took you so long. But it is probably not a good idea to make your first trip alone the drive to KC : ). I still don't think I have driven Kaden by myself all the way to KC, I have driven about 1 1/2 hours just Kaden and I...it kind of gets your heart pumping, that's for sure. Well, anyway, let me know if you need help.

Love,
Amy

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Sounds like you had one heck of a week! Bella is looking great and is so adorable. Have fun pouring concrete!

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Great pics! And I am so glad to hear that Erin and her hubby are ok. That is a scarey thing, but you definitely have the Lord on your side, so he watched over them!

Can't wait to see pics of the work around the house. I hope all continues to go the right direction.

We finally started getting some good news this week, we should chat soon!!!

Love you, miss you...sending prayers your ways always!

Becca said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad to meet you and Bella! What a sweet little girl, and such an amazing story. It brought tears to my eyes. And looking at the post-op photos from her heart surgery were a real flashback for me. I love the fierce love and determination Bella, you and your family seem to have--she's going to continue to wow everyone throughout her life!

Angela said...

WHAT???!!! Is your sis & husband OK now?

Glad you made some money with the garage sale. Mom visited and put in some new landscaping for me, so we didn't get out to the garage sales this year.

Love you guys!