Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mommy is going to work

Well sort of....I have been thinking about doing something to get me out of the house some. I didn't want to take a job at the hospital and work 12 hour shifts. I don't think I could be away from Bella for 12 hours at a time even if it was only like one day a week. I am not ready to take that big of a step yet. Then I thought about did I even want to work anywhere else as a nurse. I realized that if I got another job, I would not be doing it for the money. I am doing it for my sanity. So one of my best friends is the administrator of an assisted living. She has been wanting me to come be her Director of Nursing, but I just wasn't ready. So, today, she offered me the activity director job. It is only 3 hours a day and I pretty much pick my hours. She knows all about Bella and how there will be times that I can't be there. And best of all, I get to just hang out and do lots of fun activities with the residents. I am super excited. I think it is a step in the right direction for me. The facility is only like two minutes from my house and I won't ever be gone long enough to freak out about not being home.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan -
I am excited for you - this sounds like a great move for you - I'm glad Sherri thought of it. I know all to well that you will enjoy the time away from the house - but also be a little anxious - 3 hours - perfect!!!

Angela said...

Hey stranger!
I'm so happy for you! What a perfect situation for everyone.
How's everything over there clear across town? hee hee
Keep in touch,
Love to you all.

The Diva said...

That's awesome! I used to be in Activities in a nursing home here, and it was soooo much fun. You really get to be good friends with so many people. That schedule is awesome too! Congrats!

BeckyRN said...

Good for you Megan, that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you. And although it may be hard to leave miss Bella at first, it will be good for both of you. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great! This will give you a little time to be a person again. You just don't know what the quilting classes did for me when I was taking care of your grandad. I sometimes wonder if I would have kept my sanity, some may argue I didn't. Great going. Love MEME

adrianna york said...

Well I am happy for you and I wish the best of luck to you megan.
from Kim and Adrianna

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Sounds like the perfect job for someone as crafty and creative as you. I think you being able to be away from home for just a little bit is wonderful! I will be excited to hear about the things you do.

Missing you!