Proof that miracles happen

Friday, November 16, 2007

1st Annual Santa's Little Helpers

So Micah and I have decided on a project for the PICU this Christmas. We are going to be putting together stockings full of lots of goodies for the children in the PICU at Children's Mercy. We are doing ornaments with our foundation names on them. Hopefully we will be able to get an idea of the ages of the kids so we can do gender and age specific gifts. It is going to be a little hard but Micah and I really want this to be a very special event and we don't want it to be just a bunch of "junk" in the stocking. We will be delivering on December 8th.
The t-shirt sales are going okay and I thank everyone who has ordered. If you would like a shirt please order soon because I will have to put the order into the printers by the end of next week. People have been asking questions about sizes. I believe we can get just about any size, and they are 50/50. All proceeds are going directly to the foundation and most of it will be to help with our Christmas project. Matt and I know how awful it is to sit in the PICU but to be there at Christmas must be horrible. We want to make this a special Christmas for the kids. I have seen it over and over again kids that are in the PICU that have no one. No mommy or daddy to love on them when they need it the most. It is heart breaking and awful but it does happen. Also being there is a huge financial hardship. So hopefully we will help make a little bit happier for these kids and their families.
This is something that Micah and I along with our families want to do to celebrate the life of Gabi and the miracle of Bella. I have said it a million times and I will say it again, these little girls have touched and impacted so many lives. We want to continue celebrating for them.
Love to All and I will keep everyone posted with what we are planning.
For the beautiful story of Gabi please visit http://gabrielesheridan.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful ministry, Megan. God will bless you in it.
Love you! Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

So let us know what we can do up here to help....delivering or whatever. Sounds like fun to me...I LOVE making people happy and helping in anyway I can so don't hesitate to call. Love you guys!