Proof that miracles happen

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Party Planning


Okay I have started planning Isabella's first birthday party. Since the Dr.'s could not assure us that she would make it this far, and she has!! Praise God!! We are going to celebrate. Well mostly celebrate on the blog. She will be one on December 23rd and I am going to have a small b-day party for her on the weekend before. I have bought her the ultimate princess dress. Well when I ordered it, I ordered a 6 mo dress and then I stated thinking, this is not going to fit. So I found another dress I liked even better and ordered a bigger size. So today the dresses came in!! YEAH. It felt like Christmas. So Christina (our day nurse) and I played dress us with Bella. We did try both dresses on her and they both looked very cute. The one in the pictures is the one that is too small. It actually is not zipped up because it was so small. But since I bought it, I had to get some picture of her in it. The one she will wear on her birthday will not be revealed until that time!! Since the party is going to be small (do to it being RSV season and what not) I am planning on capturing every single moment and putting it on the blog. As for the dress, all I can say is that it is 7 layers!! You all may think I am nuts but I really want to give her the best first birthday ever!! So here are the photos of her in the non birthday dress. I thought everyone would enjoy them.
As for Bella and not feeling well lately: She is doing much better. She did spike a temp today but it quickly went back down. I think she just had a virus that needed to run its course. So we are praying that we are at the tail end of it. We have lost a little progress with her since she has not been feeling well, but today we put her in her bumbo chair and made her hold her head up. She did okay but I know she will regain her strength and start moving right along. Thank you to all for your prayers.
T-shirt sales: We are moving right along with the fundraiser so thank you to all of you who have ordered. We hope to make a difference for the kids at CMH in the PICU. We are teaming up with Gifts of Gabi's Grace. So stay tuned for more details on that. Micah and I are working out a plan.



Absolutely beautiful. She is a true princess!!









One of Maddy playing in the leaves today. She is just too darn cute also. Sorry but Abby was at school when I was being camera happy today.






Love to all of you. Your thoughts and prayers have made all of the difference in the world.







6 comments:

Angela said...

What a PRINCESS! I love the dress & I'm excited for you about her birthday! ONE YEAR!!!
We'll be ordering some shirts. I'm trying to decide how many to give as Christmas gifts, so my apologies for not ordering sooner.
We love you!
Angela & family

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

That's a Gabi headband huh!?! She looks like quite the princess. That dress is gorgeous to bad she is such a chunk:) I absolutely cannot wait to see the party dress. I have had a good response from friends so far wanting to help. We need to set dates, deadlines for donations, dates to put the stocking together, and the actual delivery date. Have yu talked to anyone in PICU, maybe Melissa? We should talk soon! Love you, miss you!

Little Smiths said...

Can I come??? :)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Bella looks adorable in the dress, I can't wait to see pictures of the other one. It makes me very excited to have a little girl!!! I don't blame you for not having too many people at the birthday party...that darn RSV and Flu stuff...blah. So are you having to get Bella the Synagis shot (the RSV shot, I am not sure how to spell it). It's just one of those awful shots that have to happen every month during RSV season. As if these poor babies needed more to go through. Well, I plan on getting t-shirts and possibly helping with Santas Little Helper, soon. Do you have any idea when the "more manly" shirts may be coming? As always, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, Amy

Anonymous said...

Megan, I love your sharing about the birthday dresses, and trying them on, and the pictures even of the one that can't be zipped up. This is a "Mom" thing. Dads may never understand us and what we are "compelled" to do with and for our precious children. But that's OK. They are the protectors and the providers, and no way could they also bear all that God has placed in the heart of a Mother. It would just simply be "overload".

We are rejoicing with you and Matt on the upcoming "CELEBRATION" for Isabella's FIRST birthday! (God's amazing GIFT!!!!!!!!) AWESOME!!!!
And...we are so thankful she is feeling better!!!!!!

Love you all! ........Aunt Judy

Amy Flege said...

what a beautiful princess in her princess dress!!!