Proof that miracles happen

Friday, November 2, 2007

To the ICU Docs I would like to say "I told you so!!!"

They told us not to be surprised if Isabella could never see or hear again. Well we all know she has been able to hear for quite some time. Well, the audiologist came today and confirmed our knowing. She said that there was no reason why Isabella would not be able to hear. She said her structure is normal and sound does bounce off of her tympanic membrane (all good things!!) So we know she is getting her sight back and she can hear!! Also they were concerned with her movements at CMH they said the were not purposeful. Well the other night she reached up and tried to take my sisters glasses off of her face. She has been reaching out to my face and rubbing it just like she used to. She also has a very special daisy that is at the head of her crib that was from Gabi. Well the other night, she was laying in her crib and she reared her head back and reached out and grabbed that daisy!! She has a kick-n-play that she loves. She will kick it and it will play a song. While it plays the song she stops kicking then as soon as the song is over, she kicks it again to hear a new song. These are all very purposeful movements. Don't get the wrong, the ICU Docs are awesome and they saved her life. I know they were telling us the worst case scenario, but I am here to tell you, that Bella is beating the odds. And I told them that they unfortunately were not privileged to the information as to whether or not Bella was going to get better. I said sorry it is between Bella and God. And even though I had my days of despair and worry, I never once doubted God's plan. I know he has great things in store for Bella. She has overcome and she is doing great. Oh and she is cooing like crazy now. I just wish I could hear her but she is getting stronger and is making more and more noises around her trach.
More Halloween pics of Bella just because she is sooo darn cute!!
Love to All

7 comments:

BeckyRN said...

Haha, I love the title of the blog! Hope I don't get in trouble for saying that, but they definately aren't always right. We knew all along she could hear, and was doing purposeful things! I'm very glad to have conformation, and I can't wait to see how well she is doing for myself! Because it sounds like she making improving my leaps and bounds everyday! I plan on coming to CMH to meet you guys, so let me know exactly when you think you'll be in because I don't want to miss her again! I miss her like crazy! Kisses from Becky, and prayers of praise and continued healing go up all the time. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Once again PTL!!!! He is the only reason why she is a TRUE MIRACLE baby ya know. I can't wait to see her next week...give hugs to all the girls for us. Miss you all soooo much. :-)

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Perfect!!! You have known in your heart what she was capable of she just needed time to get stronger! I am so glad to hear that things are still progressing so well. She is a miracle and she gives us so much hope for what is in store for us. I know you will always have some fears of falling back, but knowing how well she is doing now she only gives you more confidence in her stability each day. She is such a blessing and has given you and so many of us such a wonderful outlook on life. And we all know that with God all things are possible. I know I have my days where I doubt and I question all that has happened to us, but hearing Bella's progress gives me new hope. Hope that I thought had been taken and I'd never be able to restore. Thank you for always report the good wonderful things that go on in her life. We love you guys!
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and Belly Bean Acker :)

I love hearing that she is reaching for her special daisy. It's her way of reaching out to Gabi... and that will always bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my face!!!

Angela said...

Your posts always uplift me, Megan. What a great way to start my Sunday morning! Bella is growing and growing...and we all are growing because of her.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest most precious Baby!!! There are times I've hated computer and wanted to throw it out because of all the work and hassels it causes me ..... but this blog has changed my feelings completely! Now I've GOT to check out this blog and have my spirit ministered to by your words, see these precious pictures that are worth many millions, and become better and better acquainted with my family that I love. There is NO doubt God is doing things beyond our comprehension, and I believe the world is going to see miracles flowing through Isabella that will knock their socks off!!!
All my love ........... Aunt Judy

Amy Flege said...

thats the best news ever!! way to go bella beating those odds!!!!
she is so sweet!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad to hear that Bella is doing awesome. People should never doubt a mother's instinct!!! Isn't it great to be able to say "I told you so..." You are right the doctor's do awesome things and they do have to prepare you for the worst, but geez. Though, I do think they are happy when things turn out differently then they thought, as well. I am so glad to hear the wonderful news and I continue to pray for stregnth and courage for little Bella and your family. Take care, Amy