Proof that miracles happen

Friday, September 5, 2008

I think I have mentioned a time or two the fact that we have chickens, right? Well we had twelve chickens. The one in the picture in the previous post with Maddy was named Boo. She was by far the favorite chicken. Well Wednesday a dog got into our chicken pen and killed all but one of our chickens :( It was awful. Boo was one of them that was killed. I know it sounds crazy, but Maddy and Abby treat the chickens just like any other pet. They loved their chickens. So obviously they were very sad about losing 11 of them. Today however, we went out to my mom's friend's farm to pick out new chickens. The girls had so much fun picking out their new chickens. They got two black ones, two white ones, a black one with white speckles, a red one and a white one with a yellow head. So along with our other surviving chicken, we are now back up to 8. The girls are so happy!! Bella also went to the farm with us. I took her off the vent so we could walk around and see the chickens. She loved looking at the horses, ducks and chickens. She smiled and giggled when the rooster would crow. She loved it so much, she stayed off the vent for 45 minutes!! So what can I say, I think we are all just a bunch of chicken lovers!!!
Okay, enough with the chickens....Bella is doing great. She is rolling over now without any problems. She is so happy all of the time. She is always smiling. It has been crazy busy around here with school and Matt working evenings. We are getting a lot done on the new addition. We have the walls and trusses up. Things are just moving right along!!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your chickens! I'm a total animal lover, and totally understand the attachment, regardless of the type of animal.

However, I'm so happy to hear about Bella rolling over! She's an awesome little gil!

Pam said...

It's so sad when htat happens...our dogs got our favorite bunny a couple of weeks ago. It was so sad. We loved him. He was gray and his name was Stitch.

Way cool that Bella is rolling over!! Everytime I come here she is amazing me with new accomplishments!! She is so sweet.

((HUGS!!)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is horrible, poor girls. I am glad they were able to get more chickens.

Way to go Bella for staying off the vent for so long!!!, and rolling over!!! Wow, keep on going girlfriend.

Angela said...

Awww. Losing a pet is tough. I'm glad you got new chickens. Who would have thought a year ago that Bella would be walking around a chicken farm!

Your addition is looking great!

Love to you all!

~ Teresa ~ said...

Do you have egg laying chickens? (I know, they all lay eggs but some chickens are for egg laying and some for meat eating) I was wondering because I work at a hatchery that hatches baby chicks... (egg layers) It sounds like you found some nice chickens though... Sure sounds interesting anywise... I'm glad to hear that Bella is so happy... Take care,

Caden said...

Oh, that's so sad. I'm glad that they got to pick out some new ones though. That has to help with losing the others.

I'm glad the Bella's doing so good! She's amazing!

Ashlea

Anonymous said...

I was heart-broken to hear about the chickens this morning. Not only for the sake of the Grandchildren, but also for the Grandmother!!!

Glad to hear of Isabella's progress! Way to go, Bella!!!

Love, Aunt Judy

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I am so sad to hear about the chickens I know how much they meant to the girls. But atleast you were able to find more and quickly!

I can't wait to see Bella. She is doing so awesome off the vent, Go Bella Go! And I am so excited to hear she is rolling over...YEA!!! I think Kinsley is getting close, she rocks back and forth awfully hard.

Love you and miss you like crazy!