Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Leaving for Vacation

As soon as Abby gets out of school tomorrow, we are out of here!!! We are going to KC for the weekend. We are taking the kids to Worlds of Fun and I got them a hotel with an indoor swimming pool. I am bringing my lap top, so I will be posting lots of pics.
I go to the Dr. in the a.m. for another sono. I have no idea why he is doing another sono, but I keep dreaming that I am having twins. YIKES!! I am going to see if he can put me on Zophran (a high powered anti-nausea pill). I can't keep anything down. It is to the point that I am pretty sure I am getting dehydrated. I couldn't even lift my head yesterday and I kept spiking temps. With Abby and Maddy I had a rare condition known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum. It is severe vomiting in pregnancy that leads to dehydration. I had to be hospitalized several times with Abby and Maddy to get IV fluids because I was so dehydrated that I was going into labor. My Dr. never mentioned that there was a drug out there to help with this!! One of the causes of HG is high Progesterone levels. I remember my first appointment a few weeks ago when the Dr. made a big deal about how my progesterone levels were nice and high and that I have practically no chance of miscarriage and that I will most likely carry this baby to term. Hmmm, I wonder if that is what is causing me to be so sick. I guess I will find out more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Caden said...

I'm sorry you're so sick. That's the pits. Does it usually last the whole time for you? Hopefully you can get on that medication and it will make it a little better. (Or a lot better :))

I'll be lookin' for those pics this weekend!!!

Ashlea

Rachel Dominguez said...

How horrible to be that sick and have 3 kiddos to look after. I hope they give you something to help.

Have fun at Worlds of Fun. I love it there, however, I havent been in years.

Rachel

BeckyRN said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so sick, but hopefully he will give you something to help with it. Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned I would call and bug you to find out where you are staying so I could stop by for a visit, but I will be in Maryland all weekend. Please let me know thought when your next appointment is, I miss you guys like crazy! Feel better and enjoy your weekend.