Proof that miracles happen

Friday, October 3, 2008

Off the Vent for 1 1/2 hours!!!!!!

You read it right, Bella was off for 1 1/2 hours in one trial yesterday. Her o2 saturation never dropped below 95% and she didn't seem to be having any trouble breathing at all. The only reason I put her back on after an hour and a half, is because her heart rate was starting to creep up. This usually indicates stress on the body. GO BELLA GO!!!! That's right, they give my baby a challenge and she greets it head on. We are going to try to be off that long three to four times a day. At that rate, she will be off the vent during the day all together before we know it. That is the plan, to be off during the day and then just be on at night. Then eventually wean at night. And then wean her off the trach. I think I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel!! Another big excitement around our house, is that we are going to Worlds of Fun next weekend. I can't wait and the girls are even more excited. Everyday Maddy and Abby are asking how many more days until Worlds of Fun. Abby has been on the Worlds of Fun website and already decided what rides she wants to go on. Believe it or not, she is really wanting to ride a roller coaster. We are going with ALL of Matt's family. So his sister Steph (one of our nurses) will also be with us. It is going to be a great little family vacation. We have not had one of those since before Bella was born. It is suppose to be really nice that day, so I think Bella will really enjoy herself.
Well, everyone have a great Friday!!

8 comments:

Caden said...

WOW! !! She's such a show off! :) That's great that she's doing so well, and she will be off it before you know it. Have a great time on your little vacation!

Ashlea

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Yeah! That is some fabulous news! I am so glad she is doing so well with the weaning.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...way to go Bella!!! She is just an amazing little girl but, no one has to tell you that. :) Can't wait to see you guys and give the girls big hugs. Love and miss you even more.

Rachel Dominguez said...

What wonderful news! WAY TO GO BELLA!

Rachel

adrianna york said...

That is so wonderful I am so proud of you Isabella keep up the good work. I am happy that you all are going on a vacation that is wonderful have really good time and enjoy all the rids and all. Take you guys and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. From Kim and Adrianna

My Three Sons said...

That is such wonderful news. Bella, you keep it up. Everyone is so proud of you! I hope your morning sickness subsides. Hang in there. Your so close to the 2nd trimester.

Lillian'sheart said...

Go Bella is right!! She's doing wonderfully, it makes me smile to hear such good news!!

Anonymous said...

You're pregnant!!!! I am so happy for you. I hope it's a boy...
Happy Fall!
PICU Nurse Kelly