Proof that miracles happen

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dr. Appointment

We just got back from KC for Bella's check up. She had a good report!! Dr. Gratny would like to see Bella off the vent 1-2 hours at a time now. She really feels like we need to start pushing her a little harder. Bella showed off for everyone. She rolled onto her tummy and got her knees up like she was going to crawl. Everyone was really impressed. Dr. Gratny just can't seem to get over how much Isabella has improved. She says these kids never cease to amaze her. Bella has a new thing now that when she is bored or wants something, she fake cries. It is so stinkin cute!! She will not take a nap during the day now unless you snuggle her and rock her to sleep. She is just determined to stay awake and capture every moment.
As for me, I am sick!!! I have morning sickness from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. It never subsides, I am just constantly nauseous. I am not actually throwing up, it just feels like I have 24/7 motion sickness. I am also VERY tired. I have to have at least one really long nap everyday and then I still am ready to go to bed by 8:00. I just hope the second trimester I have more energy and less nausea. It takes all I have everyday to keep my house clean and to cook meals for my family. I am not complaining in a bad way though, I am VERY VERY excited about this baby and I would suffer through anything for all of my children. This pregnancy is just so different from the other three which makes me wonder, is it a boy??? I don't know. I guess we will find out in December.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

SO GLAD ALL THE NEWS WAS GOOD FOR TODAY. SHE LOOKED GREAT SATURDAY EVE. I CANT WAIT TILL WE GET TO GO TO K.C. TO WORLDS OF FUN WEEK-END AFTER NEXT. IT'S GONNA BE FUN JUST ALL OF US HANGING OUT TOGETHER. WE DON'T GET TO DO THAT OFTEN ENOUGH.WELL GONNA GET TO BED NOW, HOPE THE MORNING SICKNESS QUITS SOON. LOVE MOM GUDDE

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad that Bella is doing great!!! She is an awesome little girl. The fake crying thing cracks me up. Wait until she figures out how to make the vent alarm to go off to get your attention, that is just so "fun."

I too had morning sickness ALL day. Maybe it is a boy!!!! I can't wait to find out!!! That is so exciting!!!

adrianna york said...

I am so glad that Isabella is doing so great. Just hang in there I know what is it like to be sick all the time that is the way I was with Adrianna sick sick all the time could not keep anything down until the doctor gave me something for it and then I started eating all the time a putting the weight. Well I hope everything goes ok with you and the new baby and I am glad that everything went good with Isabella and the doctor. I hope to talk to you soon.
Love you all my dear friend from Kim and Adrianna

Caden said...

YAY!!! Not that you're sick, but you're going to have a boy!!! I can feel it. :) You'll start to feel better before you know it.

Rachel Dominguez said...

IT WILL BE A BOY!!!! I had 3 boys before my girl and all 3 boys pregnancies were the same....AND THEN CAME MELANA. My pregnancy with her was so diffent and I was SO sick. I never actually threw up, but had dry heaves ta boot.

Keep strong and know that I am prayin for you every day!

WAY TO GO BELLA!!!!!!!!!

Rachel

Sarah Freund said...

Hey guys,

I read all the time, but I'm kind of lazy when it comes to commenting...sorry. Anyway, congratualtions on the new baby. I'm sure he/she will be healthy-and probably a boy! :) I'm so happy to hear about Bella's progress. It is truly inspiring and makes the difficult parts of my job more tolerable knowing that there are so many happy endings. When kids get better, they go away and we usually don't hear much after that. You are doing us all such a favor by letting us be a part of your lives.

Much love to all of you (and happy b-day to Matt too-you old man!),

Sarah

Lillian'sheart said...

So glad Bella looks great!!! These kids are amazing!

The Bryant Family said...

Sorry you are under the weather...they do take it out of you dont they. Bella is doing awesome! I love to read her updates. These kids are so tough and determined. Hang in there, the sickness will go away eventually. :) hugs to you

Becca said...

I love hearing about Bella's progress! Sounds like she is on the right track and will keep on going. Good luck with the vent.

Morning sickness--yuck. I only had it in the evenings, starting at sundown (weird) for about 5 weeks during my first trimester. Good luck, and I hope you start feeling better soon!