Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Power of faith

Okay, I am much better now then a few hours ago. I went and walked around and recollected my thoughts. Of cource I read the word and prayed and I thought, you know I have always had such a strong faith that Bella is going to be healed and I need to stand by that. So, I picked her up and told her "Don't worry Bella mommy still has faith that you are going to get better." I keep letting the doctors shake my faith. I know now that I need to stand stong and firmly believe that God is going to heal her. In Mark 5:25-28 there is a woman with the issue of blood. She says that If only I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. She continued to speak this until she saw herself well. "I shall be restored to health, I shall be restored to health." She however did not look any better and did not feel any better but so she began to be more specific. "When I touch his garment I shall be restored to health." So when she touched his garment she was restored to health. This story in the bible speaks volumes. It reminds us that we must have faith. Faith is what allows Matt and I to get out of bed every morning. It is what gets us through every single day. On days, like today, when we feel the world is crumbling, we remember that faith that we have that our little girl will be healed!!!

Everything that has happened to us with Bella has brought Matt and I closer to each other and closer to God. She is a true gift from God.

Know that right now Matt and I have faith and we have peace. No matter what the doctors may say, I have faith.

One last thought to share: One of the nurses today said to us that all we need to do is look at Isabella and see that she is getting better. Nevermind what the echo may indicate. She is acting better and looking better. So, they will do another echo in a week. I don't know if the results will change too much, but I am now going to focus on what I see from Bella. If she continues to get better, then that is what we are going to go with. We all know she is a fighter. I think it is pretty amazing that a 8 month old baby girl knows how to fight harder than most adults I know.

As always thanks for all of the prayers. We know God can work a miracle!!!

Megan, Matt and Bella.

3 comments:

BeckyRN said...

Hey Megan, I don't know who your nurse was today/tonight, but I am so glad they said that to you, b/c I would have said the same thing if I was there. I'm sorry to hear about the echo results, but looking at her you can tell that she is getting better everyday and growing! I'm not giving up her and she is in all my prayers, and I have many others praying for her as well. Now it is my turn to tell you to give her a kiss for me and a hug from me to you as well.

LoriRN said...

Hi Gudde family- I agree with Becky and I think Bella is growing and changing everyday and although I haven't cared for her much she is in my heart and the cutest kid around! Sorry about the optho results and hopefully she will prove them wrong she is a little fighter and has came such a long way. I felt that she can see us but they are the experts even with confusing exam repots :-( but at least we know she can feel your love and presence all the time. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

tonya said...

Megan & Matt,
Just want you guys to know that Rebecca, Sheryl & I continue to pray daily for you guys & Bella.
Your words are encouraging & we also have faith that God can do
anything. We count is as a privilege to know Isabella & her wonderful family.
Please give her hugs for us!
Rebecca, Sheryl & Tonya