Proof that miracles happen

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Delivery Day

Well it was a success. We made it to KC and back today without hitting too much ice. Only problem, I did not recharge my camera batteries so I have no pics. However, Micah took lots of pics, so I will be posting some of those. She will e-mail me some pics on Monday or so when she gets back to Indiana.
So first off, I would like to thank everyone who donated items, bought shirts or donated money. We had tons of great stuff for all of the stockings. We did 21 stockings today (12 of them were babies). We stuffed them full of toys, books, gift certificates to the movies and McDonalds, we had stuffed animals, coloring books, crayons, dinosaurs, jewelry, pretty princess make-up, candy, ornaments, magnets, barbies, finger puppets, jingle bell ornaments and more stuff than I can remember. We also had a flannel blanket for each baby in the PICU to give. We did not get to personally give the stockings. You know HIPPA violations and then of course the germs!! So the only down fall is that we did not get to see the children's faces. However, one of our fav nurses is helping pass them out, and she said she will e-mail me and let me know how it went!!
Abby and Madison came with us and they had a blast putting together candy bags. And of course it was awesome to get to spend the day with Micah and Jason. It had been like 3 months since we got to see them. So all in all it was pretty wonderful. On the way home I told Matt I was ready to start shopping for next year!! We are definitely going to make this an annual project.
So again thank you to everyone. Like I have said before I could not have done this without the love and support of all of you. This was something really important to us and I am glad it was a huge success.
Stay tuned for pics from today. Also check out http://gabrielesheridan.blogspot.com/ for Micah and Jason's site.

4 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad to hear that everything went well. I thought about you all today and prayed that you had a safe trip. The weather has been kind of hectic around here, I am not sure if it made it to KC or not. I want you to know that I appreciate all the comments you leave on Kaden's blog. I too, value your kindness, encouraging words, and friendship. I was talking with my mom today and I was telling her that maybe one day the kids will have an appt. in special care around the same time. I would love for Kaden to meet somebody that has more of the same similarities as he does. I showed him Bella's pictures today and he was very interested. I explained to him that she is on a ventilator just like him, I think he was in awe. Well, I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend...and I can't wait to see the pictures. Take care, Amy

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I was going to call and make sure you all got home ok but the unit got busy. Anyway it went great. The teenagers were so excitied. The toddlers enjoyed all there stuff and a certin pt. name I can't say loved his toys!!!! He held onto the dinasours. The families of the pt. had tears in there eyes they were so touched.
I would say it was a HUGH hit. I would like to say Thank you for letting me pass them out. I made sure and passed onto them what wonderful baby's bella and Gabi are and were.
I will talk to you soon,
Love Kim

BeckyRN said...

I'm so glad it went so well! I wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was very appreciated, and I will hopefully see the results tomorrow night at work! Can't wait to see the pics. Hugs and kisses!

Angela said...

WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to see the pictures and I'm so glad you made it home from KC before this lovely weather hit!
Love you guys!
Angela & family