Proof that miracles happen

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

say a little prayer





























Today when I was unhooking Bella's feeding tube, I noticed a little coffee ground like substance coming from her tube. Well that is what old blood looks like coming from the stomach. So I burped her, and I saw there was quite a bit of old blood. So I called the Dr. just to make sure. I assumed that it was probably just a little trauma to the site that was causing it. She likes to kick and is very active with her legs. She sometimes gets that tube caught up and pulls on it. Well the Dr. agreed that it probably was trauma. So that is what we are going with right now. They will do a thorough check tomorrow in clinic just to be sure. I hope that is all that it is. So just say a prayer that it is really nothing and that we don't have to worry.



Okay, so last night we took our holiday photos. Let me tell you, the kids were not cooperative. This is the only photo that Bella even opened her yes for. She was awake for like two seconds. Oh well she is just as beautiful when she sleeps. We took her off the vent for the pics mostly because I didn't trust Abby holding her with all of the tubes. She did great!! I still have to do some cropping, red eye removal and all that fun stuff before they are Christmas Card ready.


Also I have not heard from the printing company yet on shirts. They should be ready sometime this week. I told them I would like them before Saturday so we could wear them when we go up to deliver gifts.



So we will be heading out in the morning for KC for clinic. We are going to see Physical and Occupational therapy. We are also going to discuss possibly being able to take her off the vent for about two hours per day. I am really excited about that. I think if she could be off the vent for a few hours a day, it will give her more range to move around. She will most likely get some immunizations tomorrow. YUCK. So it should be an event filled day.

6 comments:

Angela said...

We're praying here. The pictures are excellent and yes, Bella is beautiful when she's sleeping. Sometimes I think my children are most beautful when sleeping...at least then they are not fighting or throwing fits!
Love you!
Angela

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I think the pictures are gorgeous, how could they not be!!! The first thing I noticed was that Bella was disconnected from the vent, yea!!! That is awesome. I pray that everything goes well tomorrow. Take care. Praying and thinking of you always...Amy

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

My what beautiful girls you have...you already know that though;)
We will pray that you have a safe trip and a very good visit! I am getting so excited about this weekend. We do need to talk though, maybe during your drive you could call???
Be safe, love you, miss you...

Amy Flege said...

saying a prayer for your sweet bella... hope all is ok.
also hope you can start taking her off the vent for a few hours a day, that would be wonderful!

The Bryant Family said...

No vent!!! What a great thought. I am saying a prayer for your visit today. I have some flannel I will be sending you, Gabi's mom gave me the address. I think it AWESOME that with everything you have on your plate you are giving still....what an inspiration. have a safe trip.

Sarah Freund said...

Megan,

I'm always praying for Bella and the whole family, but an extra one goes up today. Those buttons can take such a beating. At least hers is a little nicer to the skin (vs the Mic-key).

I'm anxious to hear about clinic and can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Love,
Sarah