Proof that miracles happen

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snowed in


This is what we woke up to this morning. So it obviously got us into the Christmas spirit at our house. This was taken right out our front door. I was not willing to leave the porch!!




Bella of course stayed inside where she was nice and cozy. If you could not tell I grew up in the 80's and 90's. Poor Bella she is the one who has to suffer!! She looks cute thought doesn't she?? We have discovered baby legs. They are wonderful for her since she has a feeding tube. They are just like leg warmers and make it easy to get to her feeding tube but keep her legs warm like pants. I made this pair. I just went to wal-mart and bought some women's knee high socks and cut them up a bit and sewed some cuffs in them. I made them for around 2.50 a pair instead of $12.00 a pair.
The girls begged and begged so we finally took them outside. They loved it!! It was not snow man building snow so they were a little bummed. Actually Abby wanted to build a snowman and Madison wanted to build a carrot. I don't think she understood the whole snowman building process.
After they played in the snow they came inside for cups of hot cocoa.
On top of all of that, we worked on potty training today with Madison. We only had two accidents!! We had the Christmas music blaring all day and we spent time making candy and wrapping the rest of our Christmas gifts. It was definitely a good snow day.

8 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

How fun!!! I love the baby leg warmers, I think they are adorable. We too got lots of snow. Nate took Kaden out in hopes of building an Elmo snowman, unfortunately we had the same snow and were not able to build one. Maybe next time. Well, I am glad you all had a wonderful day. Take care, Amy

I e-mailed you yesterday, I hope you received it.

adrianna york said...

I really like the leg warmers I am going to have to get Adrianna some.
Today was a good day for the snow my boyfriend took my nieces outside to play and they just love it they are hoping that the snow wont be gone by morning. All my nieces made in the snow was foot prints. They wanted me to bring Adrianna outside to play and I told them when she gets a little bit bigger we can take her out next time. Well Isabell Take care from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Angela said...

Potty training--what a concept!! Only 2 accidents, you lucky duck!!! We stayed inside most of the day yesterday. I'M SO GLAD THE SUN IS SHINING TODAY!!!

Love you all-
Angela

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

What a perfect day with the girls! Those babylegs are adorable. You know you can put them on their arms too...it looks really cute with the right attire:) My best friend and I were talking about leg warmers one day she bought some for her 2 1/2 year old little girl. I told her Gabi definitely would of sported the look. Then she said Gabi was in heaven making an 80's music video with leg warmers on and her piggies, just jammin! I thought that was really cute!
We got snow yesterday, I wanted to go sledding, but it is too dangerous, so I made a big homecoked meal instead...hey I enjoyed that just as much:)
Love you, miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to come play in the snow w/ Abby and Maddy!

Anonymous said...

Megan and Family It is so good to see you and your babies. I love reading about you all. I have material to make blankets after the Christmas Holiday I'll get busy and get them too you. Tell you Dad and Mom "Hey" for us.. Miss you. love Ray and Sharon

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Megan....
Just so you know, I don't always comment, but I am always reading your blog!!!! This one is ecspecially adorable since I might have once worn some of those legwarmers....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They really are comfortable, so I know Isabella is enjoying them.
Love ya,
Sheri

The Bryant Family said...

Leggies are great....I loved my legwarms back in the day. Shoot, I think i would still wear them if I had them :)
I guess I was not thinking and didnt realize that Bella had a feeding tube. Tucker does also and we are trying different things down it-I didnt realize until recent that we could blend food for it. He doesnt gain weight well (well he might now) but we are putting actual food down it now instead of pediasure and whole milk. Have you tried or done any of the "make it your self stuff". i have hesitated because I am afraid it would come out too thick and not be able to be used. Thought I would ask.
Love the pictures of the girls! Bella looks great. Hot cocoa always warms the soul after a day in the snow. Have a great Holiday!