Proof that miracles happen

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Tricks

Isabella has been like a brand new baby all week. She has been staying awake all day with only a little nap in the afternoon. She then sleeps all night. She is doing lots of therapy here at home and is doing really well with that. The big thing is how much she is smiling and cooing. Oh and she is giving kisses now!!! She is using her arms and hands more and more everyday. She has this cow bell that she loves to ring and every time she rings it, she just grins from ear to ear. I just can't believe, new year, new baby. It was like she just woke up and came back to us. She is just like she was back in July when we came home the first time with the vent. Smiling happy and interactive. I am just so thankful. She has also cut two more teeth. She now has two on bottom and two on top. You can see little buds all over her mouth where she is cutting more teeth. She doesn't seem to really mind, she just keeps smiling. Hopefully we will reach our February goal of sitting up with just pillow support. At this rate who knows how far we will be next month. The sky is the limit!!!
I will try to post some pics soon.

7 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is so awesome. I bet you are just in awe right now. It is so great to see progress (and very rewarding). You were right though, in an earlier post you stated that she was sleeping a lot but that means she will soon be doing something new...and now she is!!! Kaden was almost two before he could sit up on his own, but once we started working on it with him he got the hang of it pretty quick. One trick we did learn was to start sitting in front of him instead of behind or next to him because he would depend on us to keep him up. It only took a couple of days after that and he got it down. Knowing how strong willed Bella is I am sure she will pick it up quick. Before you know it she will be scooting across the floor and you will have to keep reconnecting her to the vent!!!! Again, I am so happy to hear that you are experiencing such excitement...way to go Bella...you certainly know how to make people amazed. Keep up the hard work.
Love,
Amy

BeckyRN said...

So you are going to put a video of her doing these things up on the blog right??!! I love hearing about them, but would love even more to be able to see it! I'm so proud of her everytime I read your blog. Next visit to KC, I have to see her, and she better be awake to show me her new tricks. Oh I miss you guys! Hugs and kisses!

adrianna york said...

That is so wonderfull Isabella. I am glad everything is going so good for you this year. Well good luck just let me know more on how you are doing. From Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!! I can't wait to see it for myself.:-) You guys be working so hard and it id paying off with flying colors...Love you all and miss you tins. :-)

The Bryant Family said...

I am so glad she is progressing so. Keep up what you are doing, it is working. Have a great weekend.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

How exciting! All she needed was a little time to allow her body to recovery from such a hard year. And that we are in a new year, she is ready...ready to shine. I feel so comfident that this is Bella's year. She is going to accomplish so much, but just be patient. Some things will be easier than others, she will know her limits and when she is ready she will shine:)
I want to see a video of Miss Giggles and Smiles:)
Love you, miss you...
You're always in our thoughts and prayers too!!!

Angela said...

Just stopping by to say HI! Your news is all wonderful. I'm so glad--you deserve a break!
Love ya!
Angela