Proof that miracles happen

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Clinic Day

Today we went to KC for clinic. Everything went well. They lowered her pressure support on her vent. She is now officially back down to what she was before surgery, so we will just keep going down from there. I don't think she can wean down too much further without being switched to more of a CPAP mode. This will be where she does most of the work. She does breath over the vent now, but it always gives her 16 ventilated breaths and then it will also help her breaths along. I don't know if any of that made any sense!! Oh well.
We mostly discussed her puking. She projectile vomited for them in the clinic so they all now know what we are talking about. They put her on a very low dose of an antibiotic for this. It is not for infection, but it is to help increase her gut motility. We will have to just wait and see if it helps. Also we are trying to wean down her diuretics and her potassium and sodium.
We also got a chance to see Micah today. It was so good getting to see her and spend some time with her. We then went up to see Amy and Ava. Ava looks so much bigger than when I saw her three weeks ago. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.
It was a good but VERY long day. We took Madison with us and she had to stop in every town to use the bathroom!!! So the 3 hour trip took us 4 hours. Oh well, she left and came home in the same pair of pants, so she stayed dry ALL DAY!! YEAH MADDY!!

5 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

So glad todays visit with the doc's went so good. I sure miss you guys! I always get so sad after seeing you, I wish we were closer. Oh well guess where we are at now is better than Indy:) Thanks again for the awesome cards, especially the one you made...Jason said, Megan is soooo crafty:)
Can't wait till your next appt. to see you again!
Love to all!!!

adrianna york said...

I am so gald that things went good at the doctor. Why to go Madison!!! I am glad that little Ava is doing good and getting biger. Well I just wanted to say hi and I will keep you all in my thoughts and paryers.
Love you all and give Isabella a kiss and a hug for me and Adrianna.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Haven't been near the computer lately. So glad the appointments have gone good, and praying the med changes will start to help with the throwing up.

The girls look so sweet in the pictures! And your new blog look is really neat!

Love you all!
Aunt Judy & Uncle Paul

BeckyRN said...

Sorry I missed you guys, but I'm glad to hear everything went well, and I have heard from a few people that did get to see her that she looks absolutely fantastic!! Which is always great to hear. Hope all is going well, I miss you guys lots! Will definately see you next time you are in town! Hugs and kissess for my Bella Boo.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

It was so nice getting to see you guys. Bella looks so good!!! Before you know it, she will be off the vent and running around getting into things. Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I hope the puking thing will get resolved soon. Talk to you soon!!

Love, Amy