Proof that miracles happen

Saturday, March 15, 2008

We are adding on

Well we finally heard back from the bank but we are getting the loan to add on to the house. So we are going to be adding two bedroom and a nice sized covered porch. We will also be putting a storage area somewhere out there. Also we are going to finally be able to finish my mom and dad's apartment in the garage. It will be nice for them to get their bathroom and kitchen finished. I can't tell you what troopers they have been in all of this. They moved into the garage without it even being finished because we didn't have the money at the time. So I am so excited to finally be able to get it done for them. They are going to be staying for probably another two years, so I want to make in comfy for them. So mom and dad I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done for us.
Now on to little Miss Bella. She has a puking problem right now. I am not really sure what is going on with her. If I was going to guess, I would guess it is the potassium they have her on. It seems like she throws up every time she gets it. She also seems to be having some more reflux than usual. I don't know if this is normal post op open heart. So I am going to call Dr. Gratny on Monday to throw around some ideas as to why she is puking. We have been replacing anything she throws up with pedialyte because I am so scared of her getting dehydrated. Now that I am thinking about it, she also seems to do this when she is teething. She has between 6 to 8 teeth coming in. Poor baby, she is cutting them all of once. So it could be a great number of things. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Other than that, she is doing pretty good.
We found out some exciting news that little Ava is off the vent and is doing really well. Amy finally got to hold her precious baby again. She still has a long road so please continue to pray.

8 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Ok, I will try this again. My computer is being weird. Sooooo...
I am so excited for you guys. I am glad that you are able to add on to your house. I know what it is like living in a small space...I am kind of nervous to see how we are going to make it work as well. I know we will find a way, but it makes me want to get a house (that we can not afford) even more.

About poor Bella throwing up...
Ava throws up when she gets her potassium as well (not every time). I know when Kaden got it, it would make his belly ache. We would just give it to him really slow. Well, I hope her stomach settles down soon and that you can figure out what it is that is bothering her. I know how frustrating it is not to answers. Again, I am so excited for you guys with the house loan. Maybe you should post some before and after pictures. Good luck.

Missing you bunches,
Amy

Caden said...

That potassium is nasty stuff, and Caden hated it! That's what Dr. Drake thought was wrong with him when they sent us home. It messed with his stomach, and he was puking all the time. I don't know if it's the same thing, but hopefully it's just a combination of teething and the meds.

It's great that you get to add on to your house! With three little girls, you need all the room you can get!

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I would like to send a little something to Bella in the mail but dont have your address. If you want to email me that would be great. Congrats about the house. I hope her throwing up gets better quick. We got out that day it was really nice also. Ivy loved going for a walk. I want to take her out so bad. I cant wait for the sick season to be over so I can take her to church. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love
Angi and Ivy

Valerie said...

Megan,
I'm excited about your new addition. I'm sorry Bella is pukey...hopefully you figure it out soon. I loved the pics of her on your last post. She is getting so big and growing up so fast!! FYI, I am appeasing my hubby and making my blog private. If you are interested in still being able to look at it from time to time, will you just email me your address so I can add you!

valerie.fro@gmail.com

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

FINALLY!!! I am sooooooo excited for you guys, things are going your way. Now send some of that this way:)
I am hoping we still get to see each other next week, I am really looking forward to it. This week I have Gracie, spring break, so I will be busy.
I hope Miss Bella gets rid of that nasty pukey bug...no fun! But I know you and you are figuring it as I type:)
Take care!!!

Love and hugs to all!!!

adrianna york said...

Oh Megan that is so exciting about the house. I am sorry that Isabella is still not feeling very good I hope she start to feel a little bit better soon. My little girl has been sick with something too she has been throwing up her forulia too I took her to the doctor and they called me today and told me that all her test came back negative for the test that was ran. But the doctor found some blood in her stool and so he wants to change her forulia today and in about a week we go back and have more test ran. Well anyways I just wanted you to know how Adrianna is doing. I am glad that little Ava is off the vent I wish them the best of luck with her getting better. Well I hope you all had a good St Patricks Day.
Love you all from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

BeckyRN said...

very excited to hear that you are getting to add on!!! that will be nice for everyone. and as for bella, i hope she starts feeling better soon, but when and why did they start/send her home on potassium? she wasn't getting it scheduled when i last took care of her in the hospital, she was getting NaCl, but who knows they change things so much anyways...but just a question. and i know you are busy and i say this in all good fun...but 5 days inbetween posts...i about went crazy!! haha. anyways, still missing you guys bunches, but glad everyone is doing well at home. hugs and kisses for bella. love you guys.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!

We pray you find the reason for Bella puking, and can change matters.

Love you!
Aunt Judy