Proof that miracles happen

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just So Busy!!

With Spring here, and it has gotten really busy around my house. We have been working on the yard for hours and hours on end!! We are also getting ready to break ground and add the new addition onto the house. There is just so much work to be done. My mom and I have been weeding out flower beds and picking up left over brush from the ice storm. Today we actually starting digging out our ditch. OUCH!! Every single muscle in my body hurts right now. In fact it hurts to even type this!! Our yard is really high at one point and then it goes down into some really low points. Well, the low points are now what I refer to as "the swamp" So we are in desperate need of lots and lots of dirt. Matt is going to rent some kind of tracker to move some dirt around and try to level some things, but we still need loads and loads of dirt to level the area for our new addition. Imagine that, paying lots of money for dirt!! Oh well, what needs to be done needs to be done. So that has been our life the last few days. We are going to Home Depot tomorrow to price everything. If it is nice, we are going to take Isabella and her Aunt Stephanie.

As for little Miss Bella, she is doing great. She still has some puking issues, but it seems she only pukes when she gets her medicine. And this is mostly happening when she gets her Captopril (her blood pressure med). I don't think the Captopril has made her puke before, but we got it filled at children's mercy this time and they make it different than our pharmacist here. They make it at a lesser strength, so she gets 14ml of it at a time. That is almost 1/2 of an ounce!! That is quite a bit of medicine to stomach. Our pharmacist however, mixes it so she only has to have 1.4ml of it at a time. So hopefully when we run and out and get it re-filled, she will stop puking it all up.
She is getting so long. She doesn't look like a little baby anymore, she looks like such a big girl!! I have noticed over the last few days, that she is reaching for things more as long as she can see them. Last night she was looking at this light wand thing that Birth to 3 gave her and it was sitting right next to her head (so it was really close to her face) Well, she just kept staring at it, and then she started licking it!! It was hilarious. I have never seen her do anything like that before. Well of course I did not have my camera ready!! Darn!! Well I will try to get her to do it again so I can get some video. It is definitely a must see!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sooo glad to see an update this morning. I was wondering how things were going. I'll try to call later today. Hope today is beautiful so that everyone can get out. Love and miss you sooo much!!!

The Diva said...

That's cute about the wand! We are working on our house too, and have been for 2 years now. We really have gotten a lot done, and it doesn't even look like the same house now. We are almost done with our remodel, and I am sooooo excited! Just think of how great it will be when you're "done"! We've decided that it's never done, and when you change one thing, other things start to stick out and you have to do them too. Yuck. Glad to hear things are going so well! I can't believe they mixed her Captopril like that... when they did Caden's at CMH, they did it just like our pharmacy did. Interesting.

adrianna york said...

I am glad that Isabella is doing good I cant wait to see your work on your house. Well I hope you all are doing good and I wish you all the best and you all are in my thoughts and paryers.
Love you all from Kim and Adiranna

Anonymous said...

Have Children's Mercy fax their Captopril recipe to your pharmacist to save you the drive. Our pharmacy had never compounded the Captopril before and asked for the recipe.