Proof that miracles happen

Friday, April 11, 2008

Please Pray for Ava

Ava Boeckman continues to be at Children's Mercy in Kansas City after her first open heart surgery. She is back on the vent right now following a procedure to get a g-tube placed for feedings. She has has some temps and they found out she does have an infection. Her family desperately wants to take Ava home. They have been in the hospital for over two months now. It is so hard when you have to be there for that long. They don't know when she will get to come home. Matt and I have been talking about what we could do for them as Miracles Happen Ministries. If you would like to help, please e-mail at megangudde@hotmail.com
Things that may be helpful are: Gas Cards, food cards (so they can go out to eat once in awhile), of course money is always helpful, snacks, any regular day to day items that everyone uses such as laundry soap, toothpaste, ect. or even Wal-Mart cards so they can get what they need. Like I said, if anyone would like to help or if you have some good ideas, e-mail and we will get a care package sent to them. To visit the Boeckmans: http://kadenboeckman.blogspot.com
And Amy, I know you are going to try and protest, but you know me!!! We adore you guys and we want to do whatever we can to help.

Also, we are going to start building on the new addition soon. I am going to log all building progress on my blog. I have some before pics I am going to post at http://megangudde.blogspot.com

2 comments:

The Diva said...

That's an awesome idea. I would also suggest a gift card for Amy to get her nails done or a massage. Do you know what room they are in so that I can send them something at RMH?

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Megan, you are too sweet. I haven't checked any blogs lately...haven't had too much computer time, so as I started going through my list and reached yours, well you made me cry. I do know you as much as you know me and I do feel REALLY bad accepting even the offer. I appreciate all that you have done for us, the continued request for prayers and now, well what you are trying to do now. It really touches my heart, more than I would ever be able to express. Thank you so much.

I can't wait to see pictures of the finished house project. I am so excited for you guys!!! I am sure it will be so much easier once your space increases. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thinking of you guys always.

Love,
Amy