Proof that miracles happen

Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Know!!! Finally a new Post!!!

See how she is looking? She is actually focusing on her mobile. I have noticed why she is not seeing out of her left eye though. Her left eye is staying dilated all the time. It reacts to light but very slightly. So hopefully this improves.






Tonya from Craig Home Care (our nursing agency) just loves Bella to pieces. All of the ladies loaded up the other day and came to visit Bella. Tonya says that Bella is "famous"








Great Grandma Smith after weeks in the hospital herself after suffering a stroke, she finally gets to come over and hold her baby. She was overcome with joy.






Sheryl, the DON at Craig Home Care, just loves Bella also. This is the first time Sheryl has seen her since we came home the last time, so I am sure Bella looked like a GIANT to her!!






So everything is going really good. I have been very busy just working for Bella, being Bella's mommy and also being Abby and Madison's mommy. And not to mention the endless laundry, dishes and other household chores!!! I tell you it is hard work being a stay at home mom. So if you are a stay at home mom, don't ever let anyone tell you that you don't have a job, because you have a HUGE job.
They changed her formula again. This time they have changed to Progestamil. It is completely broken down. We have to wait to get WIC to change our vouchers for this because it is almost $40.00 a can. She has not thrown up in over 24 hours!!!
So prayers are working, working, working!!! Everyday I see a change in her. She is getting more alert and more interactive everyday. And to think they once told me that her movement were not purposeful. Well, she reaches for toys and she bats my hand when I try to suction her nose. What can I say, she is super baby!!
Love to All

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is AWESOME!!! And yes kudos on the SAHM thing...hardest thing EVER. :-) You are doing a great job though. She looks great and I can't wait to see her next time you guys are up. We'll have a good time. :-) Give everyone hugs for me...love you!!

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I am so glad to see some new pics. My goodness she is getting so big!!! I definitely agree being a stay at home is plenty of work, I can only imagine what 3 kids would be like...someday:)
Have you and Matt had a chance to go out? If not take advantage of the weekend! Also be sure you have sometime to yourself, even if it is at night after you put the girls to bed, take a bubble bath, or just sit by yourself to gather your own thoughts. I am so glad you have your blog, it has been a lifesaver for me, hopefully it does you some good as well. Miss you guys!
Love to all!!!
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and Belly Bean Acker:)

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We're glad to hear the good report! Love the picture of Bella and Grammie.
Hope you all have a beautifully wonderful weekend.
Love and prayers,
Aunt Judy & Uncle Paul

BeckyRN said...

Oh my beautiful Bella!!! I miss her! I'm so glad to see her doing so well at home though. Megan you amaze me as well. My dream job is to be a stay at home mom, I know you are doing a great job with your girls and although it is a hard job, I'm sure you are loving every minute of it! But do remember to take some time for yourself and for you and Matt. I really hope I see you guys on your next visit, b/c I don't know how much longer I can go without seeing everyone. So glad they seem to finally have figured out her formula situation as well! Take care, hugs and kisses all around.

Laura! said...

I was so happy to see your post today. :-) It is wonderful to read your good news. I was a bit concerned. Let me tell you why:

You don't know me, and I don't know why but......... I was having trouble sleeping a few nights ago, I think it was Wednesday. I was WIDE AWAKE at 2:45 am! I put an exclamation point there, but believe me, I was not excited. I laid there for what seemed like an eternity, but was actually about half an hour, when I heard a voice say, "Pray for BElla". So I did. Then, I dropped off to a relaxing sleep. Probably the best I had gotten all week.

I just thought you'd like to know.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad you had good news to post. I don't what type of insurance you have, but you can also check with your insurance company to see if they can help with the payments on her formula. Since Nate's insurance doesn't cover Kaden anymore he is on a waiver for Medicaid...and they pay for all of Kaden's formula...thank goodness, it's so expensive. Well, I am glad that everything is going well and that Bella has so many people to love on her. As always you all are always in our thoughts and prayers. Take care, Amy

Angela said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad to see another post. I actually saw it the day you posted, came here to comment & got sidetracked by the fact that you touched a complete stranger's life (wench-o-matic's comment below). I was also humbled by Becky RN's statement that her dream job is to be a stay-at-home mom. You touch many poeple, then they touch many more. Keep up the good work. I'm so thankful for you & your family.
Love, Angela