Proof that miracles happen

Monday, October 29, 2007

A video full of smiles

This will melt your heart!!! Aunt Stephanie and Daddy get Bella to smile. This is the baby that I have been missing for all of these months. When she suffered brain damage, I was soooo thankful that she lived through her cardiac arrest, but at the same time I was grieving for the loss of the Bella that I knew. She wasn't the same anymore. She wouldn't smile and she couldn't see. I couldn't hardly even look at the old photos of her from July when she came home smiling and happy, because now she just looked lost and vacant.
It was hard to accept a diagnosis of a heart defect but I accepted. It was hard to accept another diagnosis of DiGeorge and the many complications that may go along with it, but I accepted. Then they put a trach in my baby and sent her home on the vent. Wow that was a tough one, but we accepted it. Then my baby suffered brain damage and she woke up a different baby!!! That was harder than all of the other events put together. One blow after another, you think "There is no way I can handle just one more thing!!" But you know what God gives us the strength and the courage to continue on. You may be moving day by day just barely hanging on and only living because life just keeps happening and there is no way you can stop it. But God is there. I know he has carried me almost everyday during the last 10 months. So when you finally get a precious moment like this on video, trust me it is worth a million dollars!! I want to share this beautiful smile with all of you. This is proof that miracles happen. Thank you for all of your prayers. Isabella's progress is phenomenal to say the least. She is one of the strongest most courageous people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Gabi Acker is the other. We love you Angel Gabi!!
We love you All!!!!

6 comments:

BeckyRN said...

Oh Megan, that video brings tears to my eyes! It is so good to see her smile again, and to see her surpassing the odds that many thought she couldn't. She is so strong and such a fighter! An inspiration to many, as are you and Matt. I really hope I get to see you guys when you are back for her appointments, they are getting close, so let me know what time everything is at so I can come meet you guys. Until then hugs and kisses, tell her I love her and am so proud of her!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Baby girl you are amazing. Thank you Jesus for continuing to heal Bella and giving Megan and Matt stength and patience. I love you guys and can't wait to see you next week. And I'm so glad that you are going to have the best night nurse :-)...it will be a great blessing to all of you. Hugs, hugs...love you all!

Little Smiths said...

Look how aware she is!!! It was almost like she was looking right at me! Oh I miss you guys so much...

Angela said...

OH MY GOD!!! You can just see the joy, excitement and recognition in her eyes. The video gave me goosebumps! Thank you thank you thank you!
Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

way to cute..i know how it feels ( my son did not smile for a lonnngg long time...but when he did..i melted away ...i cried...i still remember it like it was yesterday ( it was 24 years ago ).. be strong your family needs you..

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Good preaching! We believe it and accept it! Yes, God is there.....in you and your family's hearts...in your home...and especially in your three precious daughters. (They are totally open to Him and haven't learned how to throw up barriers to Him like us big people have.) And HE is there for the rest of us if we will simply reach for Him and say "HELP"!
You totally under-priced the video!!!!!!!! There's no words in my vocabulary for expressing what it means! I will treasure it always!!!
Love, Aunt Judy