Proof that miracles happen

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

She Can See!! Well at least a little Bit!!

Well first off, thanks for all of the prayers. Isabella has not thrown up in 24 hours. She is back on 1/2 strength formula and seems to be doing okay with it. Today Birth to 3 came and so did the visually impaired team. They did a lot of visual stimulation to see what she could see. Well, she responded to almost everything they put in front of her. She tracks better from the right side and seems to focus on the right side much better. When you move an object to her left visual field, she seems to loose it a little bit. She even reached up for some of the objects. So this was really really good news. Basically it just confirmed what we already knew. Yeah she is going to need a lot of work to get her vision back. And it still does not mean she will ever get all of her vision back. They did say however, the more we work with her, the more her brain will retrain itself to see!! They are going to also send an audiologist to check her hearing. We all know that she has re-gained at least most of her hearing. This will help up confirm what she really can and can't hear. She responds to all noise that I have noticed, so I believe she can hear just fine. She will soon start getting physical, speech and occupational therapies. She has a tough and long road ahead, but I know she is one tough cookie so she will regain her strength. Oh, and she shook a rattle today!!! This is really big. She basically has not done any of that since her last episode in July. I am still waiting for her to start smiling spontaneously again. But, I know it will come and when it does, it will be so wonderful.
CHECK OUT THE NEW AND IMPROVED BLOGSPOT. I HAVE ADDED NEW PICS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. MY MOM DOESN'T LIKE IT. SHE SAYS IT IS HARD TO READ BECAUSE OF THE COLORING.
Love to All
Megan, Matt, Bella, Abby and Maddy

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I get close to the computer, I check to see if there is any new news. So glad Isabella is doing better!!!!!
It is fantastic to know her hearing and vision are coming back! Thank the Lord!
I think the new blogspot is beautiful. The bubbles are so pretty, and I love the new pix! I hadn't noticed the color bothering me, but it might be hard for some to read.
Love ya! .......... Aunt Judy

BeckyRN said...

YEA!!!! Way to go Bella! Proving them wrong once again. You amaze me! Megan I'm very glad to hear that she is doing better and not throwing up, I could tell how worried you were, made me a little worried too, and although I would love to see her, I would rather it be me that travels to Oswego and not Bella to KC. Give her some kissess for me, I have been missing her something terrible lately! Love you guys!

BeckyRN said...

and I love the new pics and background, very cute.

Kim said...

Oh..what a relief. I was getting worried about our little angel. She is amazing so amazing. I have learned so much for her. I am so glad that she can see and hear. Yes she does have someways to go but if anyone can do it she can.
You guys are such great parents and your family is so wonderful.
We love you guys and are praying for you.

Angela said...

WAHOO!!
You guys are doing a great job. You're so tuned in to Bella. God knew exactly who He wanted for the job.
Those little baby brains are SO responsive...I think you will be amazed at the leaps she is preparing to make.
Love and still prayers,
Angela & family
P.S. AGAIN with the miracles!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

What terrific news. Bella you are one unbelievable little girl!!! I love the new blog site. It definately catches my eye. I personally haven't found it hard to read. I think it is very beautiful...but that may be because Bella's pics are on it : ). Keep up all the good work Bella (and family). Good night. Love, Amy

Amy Flege said...

i love your new look!!! so girlie too!! what wonderful news on her eyes!!!

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Yea Bella! Always progressing, that's what we like to hear. She is such a determined little monkey:)
I am suppose to be packing right now...I hate packing so I am not, bad me!!!
Another horrible day, but this time it's my fault, you will laugh kind of...read the blog and I promise to call you tomorrow with the full update!
I think the new look is very...hummmm...Bella! I think the pictures look good, sorry mom, I love it! I like the rough draft of the logo, too! You are well on your way.
Love you, miss you!
Big Hugs to ALL!!!
I sure did ramble a lot in this...sorry!

Anonymous said...

i like the new blog...i love black and white pics..
we are so happy to hear..she is feeling better...
the earlier you work with this little one the better it is. i have a son now 25 had brainsurgery at 1 week old. we were told he will be a vegtable for the rest of his life were they wrong.we started working with him age 3month.PT,OT, SPEECH and FEEDING.
well let me tell you it works wonders... he is now 25 years old with a highschool diploma and works a full time job as assistant for a head merchandiser in a watch company..many people count on him every day..and call us worried if he is not in one day....so keep up the good work you do..you are a special mom
have a peacful day with bella
your friends from nyc

Anonymous said...

PEAISE GOD!!!!! He is sooo awesome and you guys are great parents. I know it's tough at times and especially when others are booguers but look at the results. Your hard work and God's loving hands...good job Bella. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

ok I know you knew what I meatn but I'll type it the right way.....PRAISE GOD!!! Sam is on my lap...:-)

Sarah Freund said...

It's amazing how God has designed the human body to withstand so much and learn to do things in new ways. Bella has shown us these miracles since day 1.

Megan, I love all the pics and wish I could see more! I do find the new background a tad overpowering, but I tend to like simple and then let beautiful Bella take your breath away.

I think for your next trip to KC we need to plan an open house or something so we can all see Bella!

Love, Sarah

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Meg and crew,
Every step towards improvement is one in the right direction. Keep on keepin' on. I've been praying as I walk on my route for hours continuously.
Love ya,
Sheri

REJunod said...

God is sooooo Good, is HE not? So wonderful!! I really enjoy reading up on Bella!! Next time we come visit my parents, I'll have to make a point to come see you and Bella. I feel like I know you, through the blog, and through my Mom too. She keeps me updated too!!! We will continue to pray, and expect God to continue working!!

Prayers,
Esther Junod

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.