Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Miracles Happen Ministries

Well we would like to announce that we are starting a ministry in honor of Isabella. She has shown us so many miracles. She has taught so many the love of the Lord. I can't even begin to really explain how much Isabella has changed people's lives. She has really changed Matt and I. I look at life completely different. I can't believe for all of those years, I have been missing the big picture of it all. It is not about "things" and "stuff" life is about loving and being loved. It is about knowing who you are in Christ. I look at the me from even 6 months ago and I can't believe the change in myself. I find myself praying all of the time or just talking to God.
So many people have helped Matt and I and we want to be able to help other families as well. It is hard when your child is critically ill. So we decided to start with Chelsea's family. We put together a basket and filled it with snacks, a phone card, books for Chelsea, a photo album and a blanket my mom made. Yesterday after Bella's appointment, we went up to Chelsea's floor and I went in to meet her and her mommy and gave them the basket. I tell you what it felt awesome. After meeting Carey and Chelsea yesterday, I know that this is what we are suppose to be doing. It wasn't much, but when Matt and I were there we loved the little gift baskets. So, that is kind of how we are going to start. Gift baskets, blankets, phone cards, gas cards, ect. Well we don't have a really good way to fund this yet, so we are working on that. We do know that we are getting ready to sell Miracles Happen T-shirts. They are in the design stage and should be ready to present and sell sometime by the first of next week. I will be putting a sample on the blog for anyone who would like to purchase one.
Back to Bella's appointment: As I said last night, she is doing really great from a cardiac and respiratory stand point. We don't have to come back again for one month. Well, they gave her immunizations and she got SICK. She started running a fever and throwing up. This went on until about 3:00 today. She seems to be feeling better now. As I always say, Miracles do happen. Her valve is less leaky and things are going in the right direction. She is will be slowly weaned off the vent (like over the next few years) and hopefully she will not need open heart for many years to come.
Love Always
The Gudde's
I will post pictures in a little bit!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

What a great idea! I'm glad to hear all is going so well. Praise God! Your attitude and growing maturity amaze me, Megan. You are growing into an amazing young woman.
Love,
Angela

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Way to go Big Girl!! Sounds like you are doing awesome!!! I am so glad to hear that the appt. went well. Darn those immunization shots. I am definately interested in those t-shirts and can not wait to see them. Are you doing them in infant and toddler sizes as well?
I just want you to know that I appreciate the comments that you leave on Kaden's blog. Thank you so much for keeping my family in your prayers, it really comforts us knowing that others are praying right along with us. Take care. Love,
Amy

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Megan,
It's all about God and his will in our lives, and it sounds like you have found his will in your life. I pray your actions speak to peoples hearts and make an incredible difference.
Your sis in Christ,
Sheri

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

We are gonna steal your idea for t-shirts, but you knew that was coming. I can't wait to see your design, we will definitely order!

Everyday I think more and more of how crazy it is for 2 families to have so many similarities. Children can be life changing for many, but what our girls have taught us is something that only we can understand and appreciate. I truly believe God sent them to us for the exact things that we are doing now for others. This is our true calling and I am so glad that we have each other to do it together. Although we have a few differnces I want you to know if there is anything we can do to help or have benefits together we are deifnitely in! Hey there's an idea one annual big benefit for both foundations...I have an idea, we should talk soon.
We are traveling back to KS today, I will call you this weekend!
Big hugs and Love to all!!!

Amy Flege said...

Thank you so much for doing that for my friend Carey and her precious Chelsea!
glad to hear your Bella is doing so well! I hope you dont mind that i link up with your blog!