Proof that miracles happen

Friday, October 12, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise

Well, it wasn't really that exciting. It started off a little exciting when we were doing trach care this morning and Isabella started to throw up. So we had to quickly change her trach and bag her to make sure that anything she aspirated came back out. So I called Dr. Gratney. We started back on the pedialite for a few feeds and now we are back on formula. She still thinks she has a viral something or another. I just don't know. She seems to be doing really great though. She was very interactive today and smiled more than normal. She reached for toys and even grasped some rings on her own. So these are all really good things to see. I know she has improved soooo much. I was just thinking today about how far she has come since July 30 when she suffered brain damage and we almost lost her. I can't believe that just a little over two months ago, they actually had to do chest compressions on my baby girl. I hate to look back at those times, but sometimes I think I need to in order to understand and realize the greatness of the miracles we have seen in Bella. So tonight, I share with you photos that reflect upon the last two months. You will notice the huge difference. I think if anyone wants to be able to really see a miracle, they will see it now.





Bella sedated the first part of August. They even had her on a paralytic so she couldn't move at all on her own.






Waking up and not being able to see.....I can't imagine. I don't care if you are 7 months old or 90 years old, it would be scary. It is obvious here that Bella had no ability to focus.





I have not shared these pics with anyone, but like I said, I think it is important for people to see how far she has come.






Now at home sitting with her sisters!!








Now look at her!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Excellent pictures! It's always good to look back to see how far you've come. You are doing such a great job and Bella has come SO FAR!!! You know she's going to keep progressing, mostly forward and sometimes back. Keep the faith and hang in there!
Love,
The Solomons

Anonymous said...

HEY GRANDMA HAS A MYSPACE NOW WATCH OUT!!!! SHE LOOKS WONDERFULL. I WANT TO COME SEE HER BUT I AM TAKEING MEDS FOR AN UPPER RESP. THINGY SO I BETTER NOT FOR AWHILE. MY LOVE TO ALL. KISSES AND HUGS. JUST GOT OFF WORK, VERY TIRED, BUT I ALWAYS READ THE BLOG EVERYNITE, NBOW YOU ALL CAN SEE MY MYSPACE TOO
LOVE GRANDMA GUDDE

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, you did it again...TEARS!!! I remeber that day you guys came back in and how scared you were. It is amazing how the Lord works. I am so glad to see he is truly watching over Bella and keeping her where she belongs at home with mommy, daddy, and her darling sisters.
Her checks are so full I wish I could just pinch them!
Love you guys! Miss you terribly!
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and Bean Baby Acker:)

BeckyRN said...

Bella has come so far!! Those pictures make me cry, I was so upset to come in and see her like that, but she is proof that miracles still do happen every day! She looks great now, looking at the camera again, you will have to get a pic of that smile, I miss seeeing it! Love you guys!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Bella you are truly a miracle. I am amazed at your strenght. You little babies are unbelievably strong and for you Megan...WOW!!! Bella is such a lucky little girl. Just wanted to let you know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that Bella will get over her little "throw up" episodes. Have a wonderful day. Love, Amy

P.S When I checked your blog today, I was kind of shock to see your title because my last blog entry I actually typed in the exact title but then changed it thinking it didn't fit with what I wrote. It kind of gave me goosebumps!!! I think that is pretty funny.