Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, September 6, 2007

6 days and counting!!

Only 6 more days until we get to take our little peanut home. I can't wait. I don't think I am really even nervous anymore. The best news is that last night her nurse Becky and I were listening to her murmur, and it is even more quite than it was like 3 days ago. I could hardly even hear it!!! How awesome is that. I think our prayers are being answered!! She is doing so great. She is a little fussy today but she has a lot of gas. We bought her a new kick and play that talks and plays music when she kicks it. She has been kicking it like crazy today. The visually impaired people came by today to assess her. She refused to wake up!! So, they didn't get a lot of information. They did however show us some exercised to do with her to stimulate her vision. They are also going to get her on the registry for the school for the blind in Kansas. This will allow her to have someone come to her house and work with her starting now so we can optimize her potential. Matt and I try to stimulate her vision every opportunity we get. We use a lot of contrasting images that are easy for her to process. They said she will be able to re learn how to process vision in her brain, but for as far as she will be able to go with this we do not know. I think a lot of it depends on where the brain damage is located and then also how much stimulation you give the child. So I guess time will tell how well she can see. So all in all we are having a good day. Matt and I are going to go to dinner with Micah and Jason. We haven't seen them for awhile and we are excited.
Lots of love
Megan, Matt and Bella

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I just discovered your blog. How exciting that Isabella will be coming home soon! You are all in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Hey Matt and Megan! I'm so computer illiterate who knows if you'll even get this. Anyway, just wanted to let you know Bob and I keep up on our favorite old neighbors through the grapevine. We think of and pray for you often. I wish we could go back in time and you still lived next door and we were all oblivious about such hard things as a sick baby. I guess if we didn't ever love we would'nt ever hurt! Gee, life is hard! But looking at such sweet pictures of Isabella makes me know you couldn't resist loving her. Keep the faith. Love, The Bates

Unknown said...

Who the hell is Nicholas? I told you I was computer illiterate! It's me, Susan( aka Nicholas! )