Proof that miracles happen

Monday, September 10, 2007

Night Owl.

So, Isabella kept me up until 7:30 this a.m. She laid with me in bed and just kicked and played while I tried to sleep. She is a little night owl. She is going to have to get switched back around before too long!! She has been giving little smiles all day long. For the first time in a long time, she acts like she is really happy. She acts like she can see fairly well also. She seems to focus a little more each day.
Tonight our friends Mike and Amber took us out for dinner. We had to say good-bye and it was hard. We have always been friends but we have always lived three hours away from each other. It has been nice to just have them so close over the last several months. Amber's little girl Gracie cried when we left. She knew we were going to be going home and that it would be awhile before we saw her again. So Gracie I know your mommy is reading this and she can tell you that I said "I love you and I will miss you. Hopefully we will see you soon."
When you leave this place it is nice to beable to go home and be with your family and sleep in your own bed. However at the same time you are leaving behind other people that you love. As I said yesterday, Isabella's nurses are like an extended part of our family. We will miss seeing them everyday. Also we will miss Melissa our social worker. She has been a great support. We love you Melissa. Also Janie our chaplain. She is awesome. I don't know how we would have made it through the last few months without her. We love you Janie. Special love goes out to Becky, Sarah, Stacey, Hilary, Margo, Shelia, Kim, Trisha, Erin, Amber, Charla, Fannie and all of the PICU nurses. You are all awesome!! So yes, I am a little emotional about leaving everyone. Without all of them Matt and I would have been lost. We have met so many special people and made so many special friends. Micah and Jason; Paul and Ashley are parents we have met and kept in contact with over the months and they have been a true God send.
So this is it. Tomorrow is our last full day in the PICU. We will be going home sometime on Wednesday. Thank you to all who are praying. That is the reason Isabella is going home to be with her family!!!
Love
Megan, Matt, Bella, Abby and Madison

3 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

YEAH, that is wonderful. There is no place like home. I understand how hard it is to leave though after being inthe hospital for so long, you get into a routine and the thought of home is kind of scary. It will be so great once you get there. You will get to be a whole family again!!! Good luck in the parent room, I am sure Bella will love it. I continue to pray for you all. Take care, Kaden's mommy

P.S I accidently left a comment on Aug. 31st blog the other day.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I am so happy for you I am crying! Of course that seems to be my reaction to everything right now. To be a complete family at home will be so good for all of you. We continue to pray for you day and night. Bella is probably up right now, we should of spent some evenings together...I can't sleep, could of given you a break:)Sweet Dreams...Love to all of you...and BIG HUGS!!!
Micah, Jason, Gracie, and Angel Gabi

P.S. I hate to break Madison's heart but Zach is not ready for marriage, tell her not to give up though...if he's smart he'll come around:)

REJunod said...

So happy the time has finall come!! We praise God for His touch!! Will continue to pray as you all make the transition, and also that God will continue to touch Bella so that she improves every single day!!! God is soooo good!! Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose." God has a purpose for your lives, and for Bella. Seek Him, and He will show it to you. Keep encouraged!!

Esther (Bonnie's daughter)