Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bella sort of rolls over!!

Last night I was listening to Bella's heart and I thought, Wow I can't hear a murmur. So I listened again this evening. Well, the murmur is there, but it is SO faint that if you did not know you were listening for it, you would probably not know that it was there. I am not joking. I am curious to see what an echo would look like. Well, she is doing new tricks now. I put her slightly on her side yesterday and she went ahead and finished rolling over on her own!! Aunt Erin came over today to help me change her trach. I think it totally freaked Aunt Erin out. Afterwards, Isabella and Aunt Erin had snuggle time.
Enjoy the new pics!! So I have added the video of her rolling over.....sort of. I know it seems a little cruel and she gets really mad but I work with her everyday because I want her to realize that there is more to life then laying on her back. I want her to know that she can do it and that she needs to try. So please don't think the video is mean!! We have not gotten any PT or OT at the house yet, so I have been doing it on my own. We have been working with head and trunk control, having tummy time and also working on simple things like grabbing for toys.






4 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH Bella!!! When Gabi rolled for the first time, sort of, I told Jason it count...he said no, but sort of is better than nothing at all. Bella is progressing more and more each day. I love reading about what happens in her life even if it's just watching her sisters put tons of sprinkles on cookies...and yes, you are crazy! I did cupcakes for Gracie last b-day party, they had a blast but boy was there a mess to clean up. Hey we do what we gotta do to keep them happy:)
Tonight has been a tough night so the video of the roll definitely helped... Thank you for sharing!
Love you, miss you...
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and ???

BeckyRN said...

Hey Megan, she looks great! She definately looks so much more alert and aware of her surroundings, and she is doing very PURPOSEFUL things. Her head control looked better already from the pics of you feeding her, so whatever you are doing is working! She looks like she has grown so much to! We miss you at work but I'm so glad to see her doing so well. Hugs and kisses. Tell her I love her.

Pam said...

Hi there. I found your blog from Micah. I have anxiously awaited updates from her, and prayed for your sweet little girl.

Mostly I have just lurked, but now I just had to say that the rolling over video made me beam with pride!!

You have an amazing little fighter on your hands, not to mention that she is just beautiful!!

Good luck and Isabella is ALWAYS in our prayers.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Bella looks like she is definately enjoying being home. She is lucky to have you there with her. She is so beautiful, a definant fighter. Your girls look like they are great big sisters. Bella continues to be in our prayers. Keep up the great work, all of you!!! Amy