Proof that miracles happen

Monday, September 3, 2007

Do you believe in Miracles? I do!!

I can't even begin to tell everyone how wonderful Isabella is doing. We have seen so many miracles in her short little life time. Let's see: She was declared deaf and blind but now she can hear. We think she can see some because she started reaching for toys yesterday. She has always been a puker, and it always seems to get her into trouble. Every time she starts her puking, she ends up in respiratory distress. Well, she has gone an entire month without puking. I call that a miracle. She has also always had problems with pooping. She was always constipated. This is because her heart function was not good enough to get blood to her gut like it should. Well now she is pooping like three times a day. She is also perfusing well which means she is always pink and warm. This is something she has never had. And the big thing is that her murmur does not sound as high pitched or as loud as it used to. You used to not be able to hear her lung sounds because of her murmur. She has also been giving kisses. So as I was saying, she has showed us miracles. Not to mention everything she has lived through. She has a strong will and lots of prayers. So believe it, prayers work. There is no doubt in my mind that prayers are getting Isabella better.
I also want to take time to thank everyone again. I don't know if everyone knows how much we appreciate everything. The Gudde's and all of their fundraising, Billy and Leslie, all of the people who have put money in cans, the Mound Valley Baptist Church, Community Bible in Chetopa and not to mention numerous other churches who keep her on their prayer lists week after week. Also from the Turkey Noodle feed a few months back I want to thank everyone who came and everyone who donated their time and talent. From that event I want to give a special thanks to my mom, Karla Cook, Knights and Columbus and Judy (the one who donated the blankets). I know there are more people out there that I am forgetting. So many people have helped us. It has been a true out poor of love from the communities. People's prayers mean so much to Matt and I. We know that this is all in God's hands and we continue to need your prayers.
For those of you who are also following our friends Jason and Micha's story, they are doing well. Matt and I hope to see them sometime this week for dinner. Like Bella, their little angle Gabi was a very special little girl. She had a presence about her that just drew you to her. I think Gabi and Bella are two of the most special people I will ever have the pleasure of meeting in my lifetime.
I talked to the Doctor today and he said we may be able to go home next week as long as we have all of our nursing and everything lined up. We are ready to come home. I think she will thrive better at home. She is making progress each and everyday. It's not because of what they are doing for her in the hospital, I believe it is the faith and the power of prayer.
As always lots of love,
Megan, Matt and Bella

2 comments:

REJunod said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! God is SOOOOO good!! Thank you for the report, and we praise God for His touch!!! So looking forward to the news that she's home!! Will continue to pray, and marvel at God's miracles!!

Esther Junod

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I still believe...Miracles can and do happen everyday! I agree we have two very special little girls. My sweet angel will always watch over Bella, that's just the kind of baby girl she was and always will be! Hugs to you all and love from above:)