Proof that miracles happen

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bella.....AKA One Awesome Baby

Isabella continues to do very well. They took the bandage off her chest today. She has soooo many staples in her chest. She also has staples in her neck from bypass. They have lowered some of her vent settings today. They will possibly take out her chest tubes tomorrow or the next day. They will look at her staples on Thursday and see if they are ready to come out. She is not taking much pain meds. She has not had any morphine in two days and no versed in three days. So she is tolerating her pain and recovering. Today she was actually reaching out and touching things with her hands. When her nurse was listening to her, she reached out and touched the nurses hand. Then, as I was holding her and reading, she saw my bookmark dangling and she reached out and grabbed it. I was thrilled to see her use her arms and hands!! We also saw a comparison of her chest x-ray preop and then post op. WOW!!! She has lots more room to breath. It was quite impressive. I guess it is not likely for this to happen again!!

So Matt and I are just spending about 95% of our time in Bella's room. I am missing Abby and Maddy so bad that I think I might go crazy. I cried last night for the first time in a few days from just missing them so much. Abby lost her first tooth, and she wants to give me her tooth fairy money to help out daddy and I since we are in KC!! HOW SWEET. I told her we are fine and she can spend her money how ever she wants. She said she really wants me to have it. Now how can that not just break my heart. We then ate dinner with some really great people last night. They were from a local church and had brought in a meal for the people at Ronald McDonald. So of course I told them all about our story and Bella. They then prayed with us and we shared our stories of faith and hope. It was amazing for both Matt and I.

For those of you from Oswego, you already know about Katherine. So for those of you who do not know. There is a little girl named Katherine from our home town, she is 5. She was shot in the head Saturday afternoon by a stray bullet while visiting their soon to be home here in the KC area over the weekend. They don't know who shot her. I can't even imagine the devastation this family is going through. My little Abby is that age!!! My heart is breaking for this family. She is in critical condition, she I hear is moving some on one side and that is about all I know. I guess the bullet is lodged and is unable to be removed. So please pray for Katherine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there.
Love MEME

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that Bella is improving so well! We will continue to keep her in our prayers. Megan it is so much like you to think of others through all of your trials. We are so fortunate that God made people like you! We think we have troubles until we see what others like you and Matt are going through and thru it all you keep your head up and continue on while thinking of others as well. May God Bless You and Matt!

Love and Prayers
Mary Perry RN

Sherry said...

It is wonderful news to hear that Bella is doing so great. Of course we know that Isabella is a gift from God. She is true fighter and miracle. My prayers are always with you all and with the others that you mentioned in your blog. Take care love ya Sherry and Courtney

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

First of all the picture of the two miracle babies is adorable...to bad we couldn't get Kaden to take his eyes off of the kick and play. It is always good to hear that Bella is doing well. She is such an amazing baby. I think she will continue to surprise you with everything she will continue to learn. It must have been amazing to see her reach for something!!! I really do think that she will overcome everything...look at what she has done so far.

Thank you so much for the gifts. It was fun to put more things in Ava's room. I just can't wait until she can stay awake long enough to enjoy everything.

On another note, I hope that you get some rest. You looked absolutely sleep deprived today. Remember to take care of yourself...that way you too can stay healthy. I know it is hard for you to get away, but maybe just a nap here or there (at the RMH, where there is peace and quiet) will help. If you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to ask. Take care...Love, Amy

adrianna york said...

WOW Isabella I am glad that you are doing so good. You and Your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get to come home soon cant wait to see you. Megan you have such wonderfull little girls that when I see them it just makes me want to cry on how your little girls just touch my heart. I hope everything works out with Isabella.
I love you both from Adrianna and her mommy Kim