Proof that miracles happen

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Special Friend

Last night, Isabella got to meet Kaden Boeckman (Ava's big brother). Kaden is also on the vent. It was so sweet seeing them together. Kaden then put his hands together and bowed his head as he said a special prayer for Isabella. It was the sweetest thing ever.
Sleeping Beauty!!
Isabella continues to recover at a remarkable rate. She amazes me with each passing day. Miracle after Miracle she continues to exceed all expectation. We do not have a go home date yet. Dr. Lofland did come in today and said she is back at her base line. He said we just need to get the chest tubes out and get her dressing off. She has a chest x-ray everyday, and today her x-ray looked much better. They took her off the positive pressure treatments. She is still on IV lasix, but I think they are about done with that. She has only had pain meds a couple of times today. So her pain level is much better. She is just playing with her kick-n-play and having fun looking at her balloons. Oh and of course enjoying being held by mommy!! She is doing great on her home vent. They have not lowered her settings yet, but they also said they may send her home on higher settings and let her home vent Dr. lower them back down. So I have no idea if we may go home later this week or if we will go home the first of next week. I am sure all of you know what I would like the answer to be, but I don't want to go home until Isabella is ready.
Please continue to pray for Ava. She has not gotten her chest closed yet but she is still fighting and showing strength beyond belief. She was awake today when we stopped by. Amy and Nate are amazing people and their little boy Kaden as been a true inspiration for us. So if you have not yet, please stop by their blog. http://kadenboeckman.blogspot.com

Speaking of amazing people, I want to tell you all about our friends Micah and Jason Acker. I am sure most of you as seen their blog or follow their blog. They are going through rough times again. First Gabi and now Jason and his job. However, no matter what life keeps throwing at them, they continue to reach out and give selflessly to others in need. I don't even know if they realize how much they minister to other families. They amaze me beyond words. I thank God everyday for bringing people like Micah and Jason into our lives. They have foundation in honor of Gabi's memory called Gift's of Gabi's Grace. It is a wonderful organization that help families with long term hospital stays. They are working on building this into something huge. I think God has great plans for their foundation and for their lives. So if you could spare a few dollars, please click on the side bar link for Gift's of Gabi's Grace. They have a page for donations. They accept paypal and credit card also!!! For every $10.00 they send Gift's of Gabi's Grace silicone bracelets.

So again thank you for all of your prayers. We appreciate all of the support from everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to drop a note and let you know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. (I am a good friend of Amys). Take care and trust in God's strength!Best wishes Whitney, Koltan, Treytan

BeckyRN said...

you should have seen her after i put new batteries in the kick 'n play, it was like she found her long lost puppy, i ended up having to take it away so she would go back to sleep. she smiled and just kicked and kicked! see you guys thursday!

Anonymous said...

So glad Bella's making great progress! I know you are anxious to think about coming home. We pray it will be soon!

How neat that Kaden got to come visit and pray for Bella! Such a sweet picture.

Andrea was so glad to get to come see you Saturday. She called to tell me all about it.

With love and prayers,
Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Bella got to make a new friend with Kaden. She looks awesome. WE will be up there sometime this week to see ya. Call if you need anything at all. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see Bella's blog. I think of you and your family frequently. I miss working with your family and please kiss and tell Madison Hi! Your family is always in my prayers and you are such an inspiration to me megan. I will continue to pray for Bella and your family.

Love and Prayers
Mary Perry RN

Unknown said...

THE PICTURE OF BELLA AND KADEN IS SOOOO SWEET.HE IS A VERY CUTE BOY. I KEEP ALL OF THE OTHER BABIES IN MY PRAYERS ALONG WITH BELLA.SO VERY HAPPY SHE IS DOING SO WELL, BUT I KNEW SHE WOULD.FIRST SHE HAS THE PARENTS SHE HAS AND THEN ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO LOVE HER AND YOU GUYS. SHE HAS REALLY BROUGHT OUR FAMILY GREAT JOY AND LOVE. IM SO PROUD TO BE HER GRANDMOM, LOVE G-MA GUDDE