Proof that miracles happen

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Moving Right Along

We are three days post op, and she is already back on her home vent. Her vent settings are just a tad higher than normal, because she has some junk still down in her lungs that she needs to cough out. They are doing a positive pressure breathing treatment to help with that. They will take her chest dressing off tomorrow and then take her staples out sometime this week. Her chest tubes have stopped draining blood, and are now draining the straw colored fluid. Yesterday after I put her down from holding her for three hours, she was mad. She was only happy if I was touching her and talking to her. They finally had to give her some Morphine and Versed. I hate leaving her for even two seconds now. She knows when I leave the room, and the nurses said she gets mad. Abby and Maddy went home this morning. I miss them already, but they were getting restless. I think they miss their toys and their own beds.
I plan to have lots and lots of cuddle time with Bella today. I can't wait until she is all healed up so I can hold her close. Right now I am scared to even hardly touch her because I know it has to hurt.
RT is doing the positive pressure treatment right now, and they are getting tons of stuff up out of her lungs. She is tolerating her feeds really well. She is peeing good on her own. So like I said, we are moving right along. I don't know when she will come home, but it will be soon. Probably around one week.
Thanks again for all of your prayers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds great, Megan. Bella is sure attached to her Mommie! That's wonderful!

It will be awesome to get back home, and hopefully everyone doing great and looking for a really good year!

We'll keep you in our prayers.
Love, Aunt Judy

adrianna york said...

I am so glad that Isabella is doing I will keep parying for her and you too. Well I just wanted to say hi. I hope you get to come home soon.
Love you both from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Bella is doing great! I"m always thinking of her and Ava! I'm not sure where you live, but I do hair in Lawrence if you ever wanted Bella's hair trimmed. I would be honored to do it! :) I'm still praying and hope Bella gets to go home soon!!!
Love,
Jen (Ava's Aunt)

Tyler Patrick Breuer said...

Great news! Love the update! You all are continually in my thoughts and prayers. Kathleen Breuer

McDowell Family said...

I know you don't know us, but we have been following Bella's blog daily. We are so happy to hear about her steady steps towards recovery. We are continuing to pray and praise Jesus with you. You are all a wonderful example of faith.

Today especially, I'm praying for Bella's mommy. I think you are a wonderful mommy!!! Hang in there - it stinks when you can't be in 2 places at once.

Anonymous said...

Megan,
It was great to finally meet you and your husband Saturday. Hang in there, all of your girls need you to be strong. I know it tears you apart to have to leave Bella and see how upset she gets, but you need a break also. Just 5 or 10 minutes to get away and clear you head. I cannot imagin the heartache of wanting to be with all of your kids, and it not being able to happen. Bella is moving right along. I pray that she continues to improve and gain strength, and you will all be home together again soon.
Big, Big Hugs,
Amy

The Diva said...

Let me know about next weekend! I don't want you to be there still, but I would love to see you guys! Kind of a catch 22. I'm so glad she is doing so well. I love it when the treatments work, it makes you feel like you are accomplishing something. Hopefully you'll have all of your girls together at home very soon! Miss you guys!

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Keep takin' it a day at a time!! Glad to hear things are progressing. Love you all!!!

Sheri and family :)

Pam said...

The love you have for Bella is just amazing. It's neat to see that she shares that same love!!!

I am so glad she is doing well. You continue to be in our prayers.

((HUGS))
Pam and Rhett