Proof that miracles happen

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One year ago today

Look at all of those staples. OUCH!! She also has some in her Neck
This is something new after surgery, she just keeps sticking her tongue out. I am not really sure why????? However, it is a really cute picture.


One year ago today, Isabella had her very first open heart surgery. Wow, it seems like a century ago. She, praise the Lord, is not having the problems with her open heart surgery recovery this time like she did last time. So anyways, the plan is for her to get her staples and her drain tubes out tomorrow. The Dr. on this week, said he had originally planned on her going home this week, but he does not like sending them out on Fridays. This is especially true for us since we live three hours away. He said it is still possible, but he would probably keep her until Monday. However, he said if the PICU gets busy then he wouldn't have a problem with sending her home on Friday. I think he just wants to be safe. That is fine with me. I just want to go home and then when I get there, I don't want to have to come back!!


She is getting better everyday. She is 2 numbers away from her home pressure support number on her vent. By tomorrow evening, she should be back on her home settings. She is still on just a tad of oxygen but is getting weened down. She has been smiling and has even gave a few kisses today.

8 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Oh Megan, I am so glad to hear things are progressing so well. As far as the tongue thing goes, I think Gabi has taught her that trick! Isn't it just the cutest thing ever!!!

We are actually leaving at 1am to head back to KC. We have a funeral to attend Saturday...ugh! And Jason wants to go to a few places to personally hand in his resume.

I know how bad you want to go home, but I am hoping things aren't to hectic and we can make it in for a brief visit. I will call or text or something!

As Always, Love and Prayers!!!

adrianna york said...

I am so glad that Isabella is doing really cant wait to see guys when you get home. You are still in my thoughts a paryers. I hope to hear from you soon.
Love you all from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Sounds awesome!!! Can't wait for you to be home, too!! It seems strange for you not to be there on my way to work...or see some type of activity with the kids outside, or you and Matt hopping into a car....Sometimes, it is the little things you notice.

Love you all, lots!!!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

She looks sooo good Megan. I know you guys just want to get her home and all be together again. We will try to make it up there this evening for sure. Love you!

Anonymous said...

All the good progress sounds wonderful! I tell Grandma about all the progress, but I sure don't mention "staples" or anything like that. Not sure she could handle it.

We just thank God for being with Bella and you guys. It's such a blessing that she is coming along so well! We're happy for you to be coming home soon!

Love,
Aunt Judy & Uncle Paul

The Bryant Family said...

All good news!!!

Caden said...

Awww, that's great that she's smiling and happy. She must be feeling a lot better... which means you are too! :)

Angela said...

Hi!
I'm stopping back by to say hello. Everything looks GREAT! Prayers have been answered and we can't wait for you to be back home!
Love,
Angela & family