Proof that miracles happen

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chest Tubes and Staples are Out

So chest tubes and staples are out. All except for the staples in her neck, which will come out either tomorrow or Saturday. She is one number away from her home vent settings. She is still on some o2, but has she recovers, and gets used to her vent settings being weened down, I think she will come off the oxygen. The Dr. on this week said she may still go home over the weekend, but maybe Monday. So who knows. All I know is that she is almost home bound and that is all that matters to me. She is doing great. CV surgery calls her a "Rock Star" I think she is just one really tough, awesome kid!! I am so thankful for her speedy recovery. It is hard to imagine just how sick she was last year. Now I look at her, and she is so strong and determined. That's my girl!! I am so proud of her and I am proud to be her mommy!! Thanks again for all of your continued prayers. I am praying that once she gets home, she is will start to develop and catch up with other kids her age. I think we have a really long recovery road ahead of us in that regards, but I know she is a miracle baby and if there is a will, there is way. The Lord has been by our side every single step of the way, and he will continue to guide us through this new season of our lives. I feel like we have moved passed the critical, very fragile days and have entered into the rehab days. Yes she is still fragile, but not anywhere close to like she was. I am ready to see just what Isabella can do!! I dreamt the other night, that she just started talking. I am ready to hear her sweet little voice. With her trach, we don't even know what it sounds like when she cries. Her mouth opens, but no sound escapes. Then ever so often, a little sound will escape, and it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.
I would also like to add some tid bits about Ava. She continues to do well. She is getting her chest closed today. Please continue to pray for her recovery so that Nate and Amy can take her home soon. Hopefully she will get extubated in a few days so they can finally hold her again. Trust me, it is so painful to sit and watch your child and not be able to pick her up and snuggle her and comfort her. So please continue to pray.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love hearing about baby Bella! It really touched me to read you talking about her talking, my two kids have never had any health issues but I can totally relate to how beautiful it is to hear them make noise! She will continue to surprise you I know and will be talking your ear off before you know it!!! She is truly a miracle, God bless.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I love the pictures on the previous post. She looks even better than when we saw her the other night. I hope you guys get to home this weekend, that would be great!!! I bet Bella is ready to get home as well. What troopers you all have been. I am so glad that we have finally met each other. Like you said, it's like I have know you forever. You guys are absolutely amazing people and have a beautiful family. Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for your whole family. Love you much. Meme

Tyler Patrick Breuer said...

Love the updates! It is all great news! I can't wait for you to hear her sweet voice one day soon as well! Bella and your family will be forever in my heart.

Kathleen Breuer
www.breuerfamily.com

Anonymous said...

I had the same dream once, a few months ago. I can't wait for the day!

Love,
Aunt Stephanie

Angela said...

Tremendous!!!

And oh, I can't imagine seeing my child suffer, yet being unable to hold her.

Prayers for you & for Ava,
Angela

adrianna york said...

I am gald that Isabella got her chest tubes out and staples. I am gald that she is doing so well. She is getting so big and beautiful. I am glad that everything continues to get better. I will continue to pary for her and little Ava to get better. It is in God hands and he knows what to do for both Isabella and Ava.
I love you both from Adrianna and her mommy Kim

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

What a blessing! I had no doubts that she would sail right through this. What we have here is one strong, determined little girl. She knows that anything is possible and she is out to prove that to the world. She knows God is on her side and knowing that gives her the strength to continue each day.
Love and Prayers...miss you already!

I have so much to tell you, when you get a chance call me...it is not urgent though!

Anonymous said...

Bella is an absolute darling little angel girl. Love the pics of her with her tongue out. Good to hear that her staples were removed and that she is almost homeward bound. I hope that you all get to go home this weekend and enjoy your time with each other. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Kaden and Ava's Aunt Pamela