Proof that miracles happen

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We are in isolation

I guess Isabella spiked a temp last night. They gave her some tylenol. It went down quick and then never came back. It was just like on Monday. She had it and then it was gone. So they did a virus culture on her today. So until the cultures come back, we are in isolation. They will let it grow out for seven days, so that means seven days in isolation. The cardiac nurse said that CHF kids often just have intermitent temp spikes. So this could be very possible that this is what it is. CV surgery said she is still penciled in for Thursday. If anything grows between now and Thursday morning, she will not have surgery. If she spikes one more temp, she will not have surgery!!! I am just frustrated. I am someone who likes to have everything planned out. I am a list maker and a double checker. So when everything is so up in the air for so long, it makes me crazy. I know there is nothing I can do about it. So it will be just like Monday. We will be guessing up until the point they come and get for surgery. It all depends on Isabella right now. Please continue to pray for Isabella. She really needs to have this surgery. And please pray for my sanity. I have alot of patience, but I am tired and not feeling very patient today.

13 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I am sorry to hear that Isabella has had problem with having a temp again. I have been thinking and praying for you guys and I will continue to do so. Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan!! You all are in our prayers. SPring has kept me updated on beautiful little Isabella, and now I am checking your blog daily. We are so sorry that she is spiking temps again. Just hang in there~~ you are such a great Mom and very inspirational to me. Your Faith is awesome!! Always in our prayers~~God's Blessings to all of you, Kathy and Ron

Anonymous said...

Here's a hug from me to you...call me if you need a break or need a walk around the place. Love you and praying everyday.

nic_d said...

Praying for all of you!

Sarah Freund said...

Trying to find a silver lining....at least in isolation it's extra protection against all that RSV in the PICU!

Praying for no more fevers!
Love,
Sarah

Little Smiths said...

Oh good grief

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Could it get any better? Geez oh petes! We continue to pray for Bella and hopefully those nasty fevers stay away at least for a few days huh!?! And as for you momma, I am always praying for your sanity! Check your email, I left a message and you will want to read it! I am volunteering Jason for you to beat on a little when we visit this weekend, although after they day he had today he might hit back...read the email!
Love and prayers always...
hugs and moochies for Bella:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Matt, Megan,and Isabella,
So sorry to hear about the fever. Things don't always fall into place like we think they should. God has a plan and he will take care of everything!! He's already proven that.I Pray for your families strength and for a quick recovery for Isabella!! She is so strong. God Bless YOU ALL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ITS ME AGAIN, JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THE LAST ANONYMOUS NOTE WAS ME. mAYBE iLL DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME!!

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Hang in there!!!!!
Love ya,
Sheri and family

The Bryant Family said...

OK, well. Just remember, and I know it is hard, we have been in the same darn situation.... maybe the circumstances are not right, maybe a nurse that is supposed to be in the ER with you is sick and you need her to be there, maybe Bella is to accomplish one more thing before the surgery to make it the best it can be.....it is hard. Tucker's surgery was put off two times, one because of infection that mysteriously showed up and left in the same breathe and the other Dr Loffland was on vacation and Obrien was doing them all. We got put off long enough to have Loffland back and give Obrien a break. Obrien ended up doing our surgery but I was glad that he got a break before doing Tucker. Not that it made a difference but you never know. God throws curve balls to make us listen.....i truly believe that. So, hang tight. I am going down on Thursday for a PCC appointment with Tucker. I would love to drop off the posters we made and meet you...give you a hug. I will have Tucker so I wont be able to meet Bella but you can give her kisses for me.
I am a list maker and schedule person myself...it is hard to fly by the seat of your pants. Tucker came into this world to teach me many things, and one of them is he does things on his own schedule and to be patient. I still struggle with it but I am reminded every day. Hugs to you and your family... Hope to see you tomorrow.

adrianna york said...

Megan it will be alright. Isabella is in Gods hands she will be taking care of and she will be able to come home soon and be with you and her daddy and her big sisters. Just let God take care of her and you too I know he knows best and I hope everything will work out. Well just let us know how Isabella is doing and will talk to you soon.
We love you both from Adrianna and her mommy Kim